Chapter 11

Lilian's POV

I woke up the next morning to the heavenly smell of waffles, I looked around and saw Laura and Violet still sleeping, it must be Laura's parents in the kitchen making breakfast.

I check the time on my phone and it's 7:30 which means we have an hour till school starts.

"Guys wake up we have school soon," I say nudging their arms, maybe having a sleepover on a school night was not a great idea but at least it's Friday.

I can't believe how much my life has changed in a week, I've made amazing friends and had a sleepover.

I smile thinking over the past week's events.

"Mmm I smell waffles," Violet says excitedly when the smell hits her nose.

"My mama makes the best waffles, you'll see," Laura says as we all get up and head to the kitchen.

"I'll be the judge of that," I say smiling, honestly I would be happy eating cardboard I'm that hungry.

"Morning girls, how did you sleep" a lady I'm assuming is Laura's mom says.

"I slept great thanks for asking Grace," Violet says hugging her.

"Oh hello dear, I'm Grace, Laura's mother we haven't met yet," Grace says to me when she sees me.

"Hi, I'm Lilian, thank you for letting me stay over last night," I say politely.

"Oh it's no problem the more the merrier, this is Dave, Laura's father." She says pointing to the man sitting by the island reading a newspaper.

"Hey," he says not taking his eyes off the paper in front of him.

"David," Grace says whispers yelling and poking him in the arm.

"Sorry" he mutters "nice to meet you," he says looking up for a second.

"Anyway, you girls hungry?" She asks putting more batter in the waffle iron.

"Yes," we all say at true same time

"Jinks you both owe me a soda," Violet says giggling.

"Ok, these will be done in a minute why don't you guys go get dressed for school and get ready so you're not late." She says directing her attention back to the waffles.

"Ok, let's go to my room," Laura says heading upstairs to her room. "You guys can change in the bathrooms again, I'll be here." She says grabbing clothes from her closet,

Which may I say is WALK IN Closet how rich can she get?

I went to the same bathroom as I did last time and change into the school clothes I packed yesterday, which is a pair of blue mom jeans and a dark green sweatshirt. I did my hair in a half up half-down style.

I finished getting ready by brushing my teeth and hair.

I meet the girls back in Laura's room, we grabbed our school stuff and went back to the kitchen for breakfast.

By now it was 7:50 so we have a few minutes to eat.

"Girls you're just in time the food is ready," Grace says plating 4 portions of waffles and pouring orange juice into some glasses.

"Thank you, smells great," I say sitting done on one of the chairs next to the island.

"Yeah mom, thank you," Laura says sitting beside me.

"What they said," Violet says smiling at Grace and sitting on the other side of me.

"No problem girls," she says handing Dave his plate of waffles.