Chapter 23

Lilian's POV

I stayed at home for the morning the next day because honestly, I needed a minute to pull myself out of bed.

My dad stayed home in case I needed something, we just hung out and watched super bad cheesy rom-com all morning. It was nice.

  I had decided to go for the afternoon to collect my homework and just get out of the house.

Laura and Violet have been blowing up my phone with texts and calls every five minutes asking if I was ok, and honestly, I was ok for the first time ever I was doing ok, and I knew it was due to a certain friendship I was in but no one else needs to know that all the little details.

"Hey Lilian, how are you doing?" Tyler asked as I sat down at their table in the cafeteria.

"I'm doing all right, how about you?" I ask in return.

"Very well thank you," he replies sweetly.

"What made you so happy?" I ask seeing his bright smiley face.

"I plan on asking someone something today that I've wanted to for a while," he says sneakily.

I have a bit of an idea what he's talking about, Laura hinted earlier this week that they have been talking more, she insists that they are just friends, but I think he has another idea and I know she won't mind.

"Oh, hey Lils, I didn't know you were coming today," Violet says as she and Laura sit down on either side of me.

"Yeah, I just decided to come for the afternoon," I explain.

"Well, I missed you, so I'm glad you're here," Laura adds taking out her lunch.

"I saw you yesterday," I laugh.

She hesitated for a second before replying "Yes, but that was too long,"

"Your funny," I declared.

"I know," she says with a cocky grin on her face.

I look over at Tyler who also has a small grin on his face.

I am the captain of this ship, departer soon.

"Hello party people," Shawn bellows as he sits down beside Tyler.

"Speaking of that joyful topic, Halloween party at my place Sunday night you all have to come," he says excitedly.

"Omg, we have to get costumes I totally forgot," Violet panics.

"We should do a group costume," Laura suggested.

"Oh, that reminds me I saw this tik tok costume thing, it would be perfect," Violet says.

"Lils your coming right?" Violet looking up from her phone.

"Oh, I don't know, parties aren't really my thing," I've never been to a party before, but they don't sound like a lot of fun.

"Please, you have to come we'll be with you the whole time we won't leave your side," Laura pleads.

"And it's at Shawn's house a place you've already been, full of people you know," Violet adds.

"Come on, it'll be fun," Shawn persuades.

"What will be fun?" Chase asks sitting beside Shawn.

"The Halloween party at my place this year," Shawn answered.

"Oh right, I forgot about that," Chase admits, he glances my way and gives me a sweet half-smile.

"Are you going, Lili?" Chase asked turning towards me.