Chapter 8

Chase's POV

I woke up before Lili today surprising, she seems like she is an early bird, she's probably pretty tired from yesterday.

It scared the shit out of me to see her like that.

Once I got up and I had a quick shower, since it was still early I let Lili sleep a bit longer before waking her up.

I got dressed for school just wearing black sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

"Lili it's time to get up sweetheart," I say while gently patting her back.

She opens her eyes slowly and looks at me nodding her head and sitting up.

"You can take a shower if you want everything you need should be under the sink but if something is missing just let me know."

"Thank you, pumpkin," she jokes as she heads to the bathroom with her clothes from yesterday in her hand.

I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen, my dad is eating cereal my mom is reading a book and my sister Sophie who doing some homework while eating a piece of toast.

"Morning," I say to everyone while I get some coffee.

"Morning son, papa's going to get here a bit early than expected, he'll be here in under 10 minutes."

"Who's in the shower," my mom asked as she hears it start running.

"Ohh, yesterday night me and Lili were watching a movie and she fell asleep so I let her stay the night."

"Ooh, Chase has a girlfriend" Sophie taunts.

"No I don't, we're just friends"

"Might want to tell that to your face buddy" dad says as he pats my back "Your blushing like crazy"

"Leave him alone guys," mom says shushing dad and Sophie.

"Thanks, mom," I say getting two bowls out for cereal.

"Papa just texted he'll be here in 5 minutes,"

I hear my bedroom door open and footsteps come down the stairs and walk towards the kitchen. Lili appears in the doorway, her hair extra curly from the water and her face had no makeup on and still looked perfect as ever.

"Good morning darling," my mom says walking over to Lili to hug her "My name is Abby I'm Chase's mom"

"Hi my names Lilian it's nice to meet you," Lili says softly

"I'm Mike, Chase's father and this is Sophie," My dad said shaking her hand and pointing over to Sophie who was looking extra shy.

"Come sit darling, tell us about yourself," my mom said ushering her to a stool by the island.

"Do you like anything in your coffee? We have milk, sugar, vanilla syrup and caramel syrup" I ask Lili.

"Ooh some vanilla syrup would be nice, thank you"

"So we're you born here? How old are you? Do you do any sports? What do your parents do for work?" My mom asks her like it's an interview.

"I was born here I just changed school a few days ago. I'm 17, my dad is a mechanical engineer at Hatch and my mom passed away when I was little but she was a psychologist." Lili says her voice getting even softer at the last part.

My heart hurts for her, she doesn't deserve that pain.

"Oh sweetie I'm so sorry, your very strong," my mother says grabbing Lili's hand and rubbing it gently.