Chapter 42

•Lilian's POV•

One thing you should know about my school is it's shaped like a large square donut thing.

Let me explain better,

Each floor is like square donuts stacked on top of each other, the benefit to this floor plan is it's easy to get to point A to well another point.

After the incident with Claire a while ago I'll do anything I can to avoid that hallway,

Even if that means I have to do a lap around to get where I need to go.

I know I could probably just speed walk or run past the door, but every time I try I end up chickening out and turning around.

A few times I've almost been late but I always get there with a few seconds to spare.

And that my friends lead us to this certain exciting chapter in my life whatever shall happen...

Can you imagine if I actually said that?

That'd be Weird.

But this does explain why I'm heading to Mr. Smith's classroom-aka the detention room.

Let me recap the morning for you...

I stayed up way too late last night trying to finish a socials power point I had to make.

So I accidentally slept through my first alarm at six fifty-five, then the second one at seven. I did wake up at the third alarm seven-ten.

Thank god I'm paranoid about being late and set three different alarms.

Usually, I get up at the first one and cancel the other ones for the day.

Love being a morning person.

~Flashback~

"Lili, it's seven ten you should be up now," Dad said rubbing a hand over my arm.

I jolt awake, "Oh my god, I'm going to be late," I say panicked.

"You still have forty-five minutes till you have to leave," he informs me.

"ONLY FORTY-FIVE!?" I jump out of bed and start gathering random clothes for school.

"I have to head to work so I'll see you tonight," he says giving me a short hug and kiss on the forehead.

I pull a pair of grey sweatpants out of my closet with a tight long sleeve grey shirt

A/n: OAE

I match this with a few simple gold necklaces and earrings, leaving my hair with its natural waves.

I quickly brush it along with my face and teeth.

I don't bother with much makeup today keeping it simple I curl my lashes and put a bit of Vaseline on them, some of my favourite lip gloss.

And done.

Tapping my phone to see the time I see a text from Chase.

Chase: Good morning Sweetheart <3

Me: Good morning.

Chase: Do you want to come over after school?

Me: Sure, can we get Starbucks on the way?

Chase: Of course.

Me: Thank you <3 <3

Smiling down at my phone I remember that I wanted to see the time.