Chapter 50

Pls comment, I really like reading your thoughts,
likes and dislikes.

Lilian's POV

"Have you sent them in yet?" Violet asked shifting in her chair so her feet go on the table.

"No, I'm going to send them off tomorrow, I still have a few changes I want to make, how about you?" I asked leaning back in my chair and facing her now.

"Sent them off this morning," she says proudly nodding her head a little bit.

"Ok, but imagine it was completely up to you, no rejection or acceptance. Where would your number one pick be?" I ask.

She pauses thinking about it for a few moments, "Definitely McGill, I don't have a good reason why other than the English program is cool and the campus looks nice," she reasons.

"Valid," I nod thinking about it, McGill does look cool from what I remember.

"What about you," she asks in return.

Without hesitation, I answer, "UVIC, a hundred percent. I'd be happy with anything, but UVIC if I could choose,"

"You're going to make an amazing lawyer...though you'll have to get used to confrontation since that's basically their whole job," she chuckles.

'Yeah," I drag out, I thought about this the other day and I think ill be fine since it's organized fighting and not just someone yelling at me.

"Speaking of law, we need to stay on task if we ever want to get out of here," I say, she rolls her eyes dramatically before going back to her English paper and I turn back to my law homework.

A painful hour later and after two snack breaks we finally finished our work,

Laura was originally going to come with us till she found out we were going to actually do homework, not just talks she said, and I quote "Ha, you're funny, I love you but I'm not doing my homework silly what would I do during school?"

~~

"Ready?" Dad says standing behind me at my desk.

"I think so?" I say hesitantly taking a deep breath.

"You know I'm proud of you, right?" He says sincerely.

"I know Dad, thank you," I say.

"Ok, I'm just going to do it before I chicken out," I say clicking the submit button on my laptop.

"Ahhhh, I did it!" I say excitedly.

Now we wait.

"I'm going to go watch hockey before I start balling my eyes out," he says kissing my head before leaving.

Hockey.

Ooh, that reminds me!

Picking up my phone. I look at the time, 11:00 that means it's 10:00 in Vancouver right now.

He's definitely in class now, but it's worth a try. I would have been in school too but I decided to skip food.

Clicking Chase's name I press the call button and set my phone up on my desk so he can see me.

After a few rings, he picks up but all I see is black.

"Hello!" I say excitedly. I can hear talking but it's like mumbles.

"Chase? Are you there?" I ask grabbing my phone to see if it's actually connected.

A loud female voice sounds through the phone "Chase where are you going?"