Chapter 18

•Lilian's POV•

"Quick, come here and look at this" I heard Violet whisper.

But I was too tired and comfortable to care what was going on.

"Aww, we should take a picture," Another voice added.

"Yeah, go grab your phone,"

"Ok, be right back-don't make too much noise," the second voice warns.

*Click click*

My pillow started to wiggle under my head and mumbled something-Wait it's Chase, my head is on top of Chase's chest and his arms are around my waist securely.

"She's waking up let's go," Violet says quietly.

"Ok, I hope breakfast is ready soon, lets's go ask Gus," the voice I now recognize as Shawn says as I hear him, and Violet leave the room.

"Chase, let me go I'm hungry," I whisper to him.

"Never," he mumbles in his morning voice, God he sounds hot.

How someone can be hot based on their morning voice I will never understand? and yet he did,

"I have to go to the bathroom then," I say hoping to convince him to let me go.

"Mhmm, fine," he said letting his arms unwrap from my waist.

"Thanks, pumpkin," I'm not sure why I call him that it just keeps slipping out. It's still funny to me because you would expect someone like him to have that nickname.

I didn't actually have to go to the bathroom that bad,

I did however have to find Violet and get her to burn a few particular photos.

"Heyy," Laura said dragging out the y sound once I walked into the kitchen.

"So, how did you sleep," Violet adds.

"Fine, how about you?" I asked.

"JUST FINE," she whispers shouts ignoring the last part of that sentence. "Are we going to ignore the fact you and Chase slept together with his arms around your waist holding onto you for dear life."

"It's not like that I just fell asleep and apparently he did so," I try to explain.

"Well just so you know I'm the captain of this ship, so ALL ABOARD," Laura yells.

"No, we're just friends, he would never want anything more and neither do I, I have to focus on school," it's true he could never want anything more with me, or at least as he had with his other a hundred girlfriends.

And I did need to focus on school if I want to get a scholarship to UVIC to become a lawyer.

I've always dreamed about becoming a lawyer ever since I was a little girl and we went on a field trip to a courthouse and saw what a trial was like, it was pretended of course.

I got to play the lawyer for part of it and that day I made up my mind that that is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

~~

We made it to school with two minutes to spare.

Two hands grab my arm and shove me into the nearby janitor's closet, "Ow, what the fu- "

"I have fucking had it with you, why the fuck don't you understand what I'm telling you, "The voice screeched at me. "Someone told me you are still clinging to Chase,"

Claire.

"You don't get to tell me who I can, and can't talk to," I muster up all my imaginary bravery. "I am sick of your bullshit-" I was interrupted by a cold fist contacting my nose.