Chapter 12

•Lilian's POV•

A few days ago I put an emergency kit in my car filled with spare clothes and bathroom supplies along with anything else I might need if I was to have a sleepover at someone's house again.

I collected all of Chase's homework he missed from his teachers.

I figured it's the least I can do after all he got suspended because of me, was help him with his homework.

The drive to Chase isn't long, I drove through the familiar neighbourhood that surrounds Chase's house.

As soon as I pull into the driveway his front door opens to reveal him, and he had a small smirk on his face.

He walks out to meet me at my car opening the door for me while I grab the schoolwork from the passenger seat of my car.

"Well fancy seeing you here," I announced when he opened my car door.

"How was school." He asked leading me inside after grabbing all the books and binders I had.

"It was fine, pretty boring actually-Ooh wait I saw Cole and Claire kissing in the parking lot on my way here," I said watching the shock and disgusted look grow on his face.

"Good, don't people always say two wrongs make a right but in this case an Ok person." He says still in a bit of disbelief.

"One can dream." I mumbled, "Anyway I brought all your homework and the stuff you missed from your classes, I thought we could work through the stuff you don't know together." I say as he leads me to the kitchen island.

"Thanks, sweetheart" he answered.

"No problem it's kinda my fault you're here" I whisper only slightly hoping he doesn't hear me and get mad.

"I heard you and again it was absolutely not your fault and I will say that as many times as you need to hear it to understand Cole is a dick of a person," he says whispering reassuringly.

"Thanks," I whisper back to him. "Now what class do you want to start with first?" I question him.

He thinks about it for a few seconds before answering "let's go with Chemistry, my favourite," he says sarcastically.

I spend about 20 minutes just trying to explain the basic idea of stoichiometry, I thought it was pretty straightforward but apparently not.

"Ok I don't know what you're doing but you're not getting the right answer," I mutter frustrated.

"You know what I think you have the wrong answer mine makes perfect sense" he tries to reason.

"That's because you're not actually doing the math your just smushing it all together, you always have to mind moles first." I groaned.

"Well the way they do it is stupid, when am I ever going to use this again."

"Honestly never unless you want to be a doctor or a chemist," I say giving up on helping him with this.

"Good thing I don't want either of those, I want to be in the NHL someday," he claimed.

"I think you'll make it," I say honestly "Let's move on to a different subject," I say pulling out the different options we have for him to choose from.

•Chase's POV•

To be honest, I'm great at Chemistry and stoichiometry is pretty easy I just like getting Lili all worked up.

I'll just finish it up quickly in the morning or before school.

Why am I saying this?

I usually don't care about school or handing in work-Lili is getting in my head with her, must-do all schoolwork thinking.