Chapter 26

Lilian's POV

The drive to the game was unbearable,

Laura, Violet and I decided to carpool since we were all going anyway.

Seems like a great idea, right?

Wrong.

Someone forgot to mention they get carsick, it took us double the time to get there because we had to keep stopping for walk breaks or food.

Eventually, we get there with thirty minutes to spare till the game started.

Chase insisted that I wear his jersey, he said it was so he could find me easier in the crowd, but I can guarantee there will be at least another thirty girls wearing the same two numbers.

I don't want to be seen as a crazy fan girl.

I pull my sweater back over my head as we step out of the car and fold the jersey into my bag.

"Let's go we're already late enough," Violet says pulling my arm and dragging me with her.

"Vee, they haven't even started yet," Laura says from beside me.

"Yes, but all the good seats are probably already gone so we have to hurry to get the mediocre ones," she explains.

"Ooh let's get food," I say smelling the popcorn and hotdogs stands from here.

"Hi, can I please get a small popcorn and a medium root beer," I say to the worker at the concession stand.

"Can I also get a small popcorn and a larger diet coke," Laura adds.

"I'll get the same thing too, please," Violet finishes. Once we pay, we go to find our seats.

"Tickets please," the man standing at the entrance to the rink asked.

"Here you go," I say handing him the three tickets Chase gave me.

"Ma'am I'm sorry you can't sit here with these tickets," he says handing them back to us.

"What do you mean? Are they fake?" Violet asked very confusedly.

"Those tickets are for a different section," he explained.

"What section? I thought it was all one thing." I ask.

"Abby here will show you to your seats," the man says gesturing at a lady in a uniform standing behind him collecting people's tickets.

"Abby, can you show these ladies to their seats, please," he says to her, and she just nods in return. 

"May I see your tickets," Abby asked politely, and I handed them to her.

"Right, follow me please," she says turning and walking in a different direction.

We follow her as we walk down a long hallway,

"What if this is just a plan to get us murdered," Laura whispered to violet and me.

"I don't think Chase, Tyler or my brother would let that happen," Violet whispered back. "Surely one of them would have told us we had murder tickets," she adds.

"Ladies," Abby says getting our attention. "This way," she says opening a big set of doors.

She leads us down another little hallway that opens straight towards the rink, like the ones the players come running out of.

"Isn't this only for players," Violet whispered to me. I only return a confusing shoulder shrug.

"Your seats," Abby says holding open a little gate, on the other side was a row of chairs facing the ice, we were right up against the glass.