Chapter 48

Chase's POV

"Dude, act cool,"

"I'm cool, you're the one who looks like a tomato," Colt defends.

"What?"

"I don't know man, the first thing that came to mind," he slurs.

The guys got a bit too drunk, now I'm on Colton duty.

And I thought wrangling wasted Shawn was hard, Colton is ten times worse.

He's a drunk runner.

Seriously, we walked out of the bar and I stopped for one second to call an Uber and he was down the street cackling like a mad man.

By the time we made it back, he-thankfully-sobered up enough to walk straight mostly by himself with only a bit of help.

I don't know what the fuck happened to Ryland, he was a shit-faced drunk and then disappeared, Luke-another guy in the team said he probably went back.

Getting Colt into bed and myself ready for bed I check the time, one am.

Lili is definitely asleep already.

I just want to hear her voice.

With Colton snoring in the background I drift to sleep holding a picture of Lili close to my chest.

~~

"Ok class, you're dismissed at the bell make sure to have those papers done and handed in by Friday." My history teacher instructs from the front of the room.

Great.

Now I just have to write and hand that in, practice after school every day, and do math homework and a test all in the next two days.

It's now lunchtime and me and the guys are eating in the cafeteria, anxiously I tap my phone screen again waiting for a notification.

I had texted Lili this morning but she hasn't answered yet. I don't want to overcrowd or annoy her.

Just because I need to talk to her doesn't mean she needs the same.

But I would give anything to hear her ramble about her day or a dream she had.

Lilian's POV

I can't think.

I don't know if it's because I started my period yesterday or something else.

It's like today my brain is just on another planet, I hear the teacher talking or Laura filling me in on the gossip, but it's in one ear and out the other.

I texted Chase good morning earlier but he hasn't responded yet, I understand he's busy and has more responsibilities now, but I just want to see him.

His schedule is crazy and I've been picking up more shifts at the cafe I'm my spare time.

I guess I got a little too used to having someone around me all the time.

Now that someone is gone.

I'll try calling after work.

I found another sticky note this morning, on one of my t-shirts, I've started putting them all in a shoe box under my bed so I can reread them when I want to.

School is also kicking my butt right now, physics is stupid and no one can convince me otherwise.

That is a hill I will die on.