Chapter 31

Chase's POV

You know what?

Fuck school.

Why would I need to put up with everyone's bullshit just to get a handshake and a piece of paper?

There are so many things that would be a better use of my time.

Yet here I am, sitting in my car in front of the school.

My eyes find a very tired-looking Lili stumbling out of her car struggling to carry everything including her Starbucks, obviously.

I get out of my car and walk towards her.

I walk up behind her and take the binders out of her hand startling her. "Good morning sweetheart," she gives me a small smile.

"What's got you so tired?" I ask.

"Just didn't sleep well last night," she yawns taking a sip of her coffee.

Her eyes have a glassier look today and her lips look more pale than usual.

"Are you sure you feel, ok?" I ask. She just nods.

I open the front door for her, "Thank you-," she interrupts her with a sneeze.

Before I can ask if she feels fine again Violet walks up to us.

"Hey-Oh babes are you ok," she asks Lili. At least I'm not the only one to notice that she's not ok.

"I'm fine, just tired I think," she says.

"Ok," she says unconvinced, she looks at me concern lacing her eyes.

"I have to get to class, ill see you guys later," Lili says walking away.

"Did she forget we all have English?" Laura asks, "And that your holding all her binders," she says looking down at the binders in my arms.

"Yeah, it looks like she did,"

Laura sighs, "Let's go," she says, and we walk in the direction Lili went.

Lili chuckles a bit when I hand her the binder, "Oh, thank you," I hum in response.

"Now let's get to class," she says only this time grabbing my hand, so I go with her.

We get to class early and take our seats; slowly other kids make their way in.

"Watch it, Emily," Shawn yelled from outside the class. He walks in dramatically groaning and rolling his eyes.

He sighs again sitting down beside me, "Some people man,"

"what's wrong," Laura asked him.

"Some bitch was talking shit that wasn't true and not appreciated." He said.

"I didn't know an Emily went here?" Laura said.

"I don't know if that was her real name, I feel like it started with an E though,"

She nods, "Ahh."

Lilian's POV

I feel like crap.

I have a headache; my throat hurts and I just want to get through today so I can go home.

The only reason I'm not at home now is we have a rule you can only stay home the day you are the sickest and this is only the second day I feel bad, if I feel worse tomorrow ill stay home then.

I got Starbucks this morning to try and trick my brain into thinking I'm ok.

Believe it or not, it's hard to placebo your own brain.