Chapter 4

•Chase's POV•

   The rest of the day went by fairly fast, I barely talked to anybody all I could think about was this girl and how she was coming over to my house.

Once school ended I rushed to the front doors and stood there looking for her,

10 minutes goes by and I start getting worried that something happened to her after school, or she just forgot and left already,

"Fuck" I mumble under my breath

"Is that an invitation?" I snarky little voice says from behind me.

I turn around and see Claire,

Claire is one of the popular girls who has been obsessed with me for as long as I can remember.

"Hell no" I glare at her then turn back around, I hear her scoff and walk away.

Just when I was about to leave I see her little figure walking towards me from down the hallway.

God...

she looks perfect, everything about her is like nothing I have ever seen.

"Hey, let's go" I saw as she gets closer to me.

"Ok, sure," she says and I lead her out to my car.

We get in and I start driving to my house, the drive was silent, but not a nice silence it was awkward silence.

I could tell she felt nervous because she was fiddling with a piece of her hair and wrapping it around her finger, I thought it was very cute.

"We're here."

"Nice house," she says sounding less nervous than before so that's something.

"Thanks," I say.

I didn't think my house was anything special it was a white, two stories house, had a lot of windows on the front of it so you could see inside to the living room, and a porch with a few chairs and a coffee table on it.

"Are you hungry?" I ask trying to delay working on the project as we walk into my house.

"No thank you it's fine," she said in a very polite and soft voice, it was heaven to my ears.

From the few times I've heard her speak she seems to have a voice I could listen to her talk all day long and not get tired of it.

"Let's head upstairs," I say as I start heading up the stairs.

"To your room?" She asked sounding very nervous all of a sudden.

"We don't have to, we can work in the living room," I say trying to make her less anxious.

"Sure," she said almost sounding relieved.

We sit down on opposite sides of the couch, she gets out her binder with the assignment in it, since I left after she called out the partners.

Slowly we start making some progress, working through the assignment.

Almost three hours go by and we're almost done, well she's almost done I've been done doing working for the past two hours I can't stay focused for long.

"I'm hungry," I state, my stomach grumbles reminding me I haven't eaten in like a minute, "let's go get pizza, I know a really good place," I say suddenly craving pizza.

"Sure, can we stop at my house so I can grab my wallet?" she says in her usual soft, angel-like voice.

"No," I say sternly.