Chapter 16

•Lilian's POV•

Literally a freaking mansion,

Damn I'm jealous, how can people just have so much money and live in a literal castle.

"Come on in," Shawn says as we walk up to the front door. From what I can see his house is just as amazing on the inside as it is on the outside.

"Holy moly," I say my jaw probably on the floor, "your house is amazing"

"Oh, thanks," Shawn says before mumbling something under his breath to Chase that I couldn't hear.

His house had a whole dark academia vibe going on inside with dark wood floors and lots of black and chestnut brown accent pieces.

"May I have your jacket madam," an older guy wearing a suit said once I walked forward into the foyer.

"Oh, um thank you," I handed him my coat.

"Ahh yes this is Gus, he's been our butler since before I was born," Shawn says ushering towards Gus.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you," I say holding out my hand for him to shake.

"Same to you madam, now if you will excuse me, I have to start on supper, will you be joining us?" he asks.

"Oh, right yes she will as well as Chase, Violet, Laura and Tyler," Shawn tells Gus.

"Alright sir, I will inform the kitchen staff right away," he says before opening a small door to the right of us and whisking away behind it.

"Ok people what are we doing first," Shawn says clapping his hands together.

"I don't know I'm good with anything" I reply.

"How about we play that new VR game I got the other day" Shawn suggests.

"Sure man, if your good with that Lilian," Chase says turning to me.

"Sounds good, I've never played a video game before though," I say, and their faces looked shocked.

"You're joking right," Chase says.

"Nope," I laugh.

"So, like you've never played even like Mario kart or Wii," Shawn says.

"Never," I say.

"But why? Haven't you ever been bored before?" Shawn says still mostly in disbelief.

"Well yes obviously but I've always loved reading and I was never allowed to play video games anyway," I say.

"Dang you're a nerd," Shawn says laughing.

Chase not so lightly slaps his arm in a warning way, "Careful" he warns quietly.

"Dude I was joking, it was like a compliment right Lilian," Shawn says looking at me wiggling one of his eyebrows at me wanting me to agree with him.

"I don't mind being called that it just means your smart," I say.

"Anyway, let's go introduce you to the world of video games, your mind is going to be blown away," Shawn says leading us down one of the many hallways in his house, I would get lost if he wasn't here.

He takes us to a large dark room filled with massive grey cloud sofas and a tv practically the size of the wall.

"Welcome to one of my favourite rooms in the house"

You mean 'Mansion,'

"Take a seat where ever you want," Shawn says sitting down on one of the sofas.