Chapter 32

A little New Years! treat for you guys!!

Lilian's POV

It's been a few days since I was sick, and I'm feeling much better, it was sweet of him to take care of me.

Everyone is coming over today to do a little secret Santa before winter break we decided this was easier than getting everyone presents.

I picked Tyler's name out of the hat. I got him fancy chocolate and a reservation for two at a nice restaurant in town.

I talked to Violet and she got Laura so we planned for her to get Laura a nice dress.

We're so sneaky.

It's Saturday and luckily I didn't work today so I had time to set up, I made a batch of sugar cookies and chocolate cupcakes for everyone.

Dad was also home today so he helped with the baking-or at least the eating part.

I had to double the batch so he could have his own.

"Hey, Lili can you come in here for a sec," dad calls from the kitchen.

"What's up?"

"I have something to tell you," he says gesturing for me to sit on the stool beside him.

"You're scaring me,"

"It's not bad I promise," he says.

"Spill," I deadpan.

He takes a deep breath before continuing "I going on a date tonight," he blurts out.

"What?!" No way he could have met someone, mom-, No.

"Her name is April-,"

"No-Mom, what about-," I stutter tears spilling out of my eyes.

"I loved your mom very much, and I still do. But April makes me happy,"

"Have you gone out with her before?" I ask.

"Once yes, but I wanted to make sure I really like her before I told you,"

"When?"

"The night you went to Emma's house," he says, that's why he wasn't home when Chase came by.

"Are you ok," he asked rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

"Yes, I think so. Just shocked,"

"I'm sorry, I promise this is not replacing your mom, no one could ever do that.

She would want us to be happy, right?" He looked scared.

I think about it for a second, I was little when she passed but I remember she would always try to brighten someone's day if she could, "Yeah she would,"

He lets out a breath relieved, "I won't go if you don't want me to,"

"You can go," I want him to be happy, he works really hard, and he deserves to find someone.

He gets up and gives me a big hug, "Thank you,"

"Where are you taking her?" I ask.

"I was thinking of a little Italian restaurant just outside of town," he says.

"That sounds nice, what are you going to wear?" I ask.

"I don't know yet, I haven't gone on a date in almost sixteen years,"

"Come on I'll help you choose,"

"What would I do without you, my perfect little daughter,"

I help him choose a nice navy blue dress shirt and black dress pants.