Chapter 1

•Lilian's POV•

"We're almost here, Lili," dad said from the drivers seat.

Today is my first day at my new school and to say I'm nervous is an understatement,

I've always struggled with anxiety about school and for good reasons.

I had to change schools because the bullying at the last one was too much for me manage, usually it's fine and I can handle it.

After my dad found out he was mad, the others didn't get in trouble, so he pulled me from that school.

He's driving me to my new school now.

I'm wearing a simple outfit today, slightly ripped jeans and a white oversized t-shirt with some gold jewelry.

A/n: OAE (outfit at end)

It's causal enough that its comfy and nice enough that it looks like I tried a little bit.

"It's going to be great if you need anything I'm just a phone call away," he says in his usual calming tone of voice.

"Thank you" I say trying to sound like I'm not about to have a panic attack from the nerves...doesn't work my voice is shaking like a leaf.

My dad's the best he has always been incredibly supportive of me, he just wants me to be happy,

It's been just me and him for a long time, my mom passed away when I was 7 from injuries due to being in a car crash caused by a drunk driver,

I'll never forget the pit that's left in your stomach when someone you love leaves you.

Since then I vowed never to drink and always make sure my friends got home safe if they had been drinking...

Not that I had many-or any friends mostly mutual acquaintances people I could talk to in class but never in the hallway let alone outside of school.

I didn't get invited to any parties so it wasn't really a problem I had to face anytime soon.

Just have to get through one last year then I'll be free.

And honestly, I rather stay at home with my dad and read a cheesy romance book that's never going to happen in real life,

That's the amazing thing about books and movies, you can pretend it's real and dream about a love like in the books and the next day you can dream a completely different story.

"We're here," my dad informs me as he pulls into the school parking lot.

Normally I would drive myself but first day jitters and everything.

"Bye, see you later," I say getting out of the car shutting the door gently I turn to face the school a warm yellow sun shines on my face.

Walking toward the building, it's a nice-looking school 2 stories tall with lots of windows on the front, it looks relatively new, maybe built 20 years ago.

Once I get inside I start trying to find the front office, it's not crazy busy since it's still pretty early in the morning.

Following the signs I get to the office easily a nice-looking teacher stand in front of the main desk holding a clipboard to her side.

  "Are you Lilian Andrews?" She asks seeing me standing awkwardly in the doorway unsure of what to do.

"Yup that's me," I confirm trying not to sound all that awkward.

"Great," she claps her hands together once, "One of your classmates is on her way here she can show you around the school and take you to your classes, her name is Laura." She explains.