Chapter 15

Lilian's POV

"Ok, but like if you could go anywhere in the world and not worry about money, where would it be?" Laura asks me during lunch.

"I don't know I would probably choose Scotland or England, what would you pick," I ask in return.

"Definitely Hawaii or," she starts saying.

"Ohh what are we talking about?" Violet asks sitting across from me and taking out her lunch.

"We were just talking about places we want to visit in the world before we die" Laura responds.

"I would hundred percent choose the Caribbean, I've seen pictures and it looks fantastic," Violet explains.

She and Laura engage in their own conversation and I'm only slightly paying attention to what their saying.

Earlier today I had dropped off some sugar cookies for Chase, he didn't tell me something was wrong other than he was sick but when he opened the door his eyes looked clouded with an emotion I haven't seen on him yet.

Sadness.

Not just a little upset, he looked as though he just had his heart ripped out of his chest and stomped on by a hundred pairs of boots.

It's pretty safe to assume he's not at school nor planned on coming for the last two blocks.

I make a mental note to pick up his homework for him again so he won't be far behind when he returns.

"Earth to Lilian" Laura says waving her hand in front of my eyes. "Are you ok?" She asks.

"Yeah sorry I just zoned out" I reply.

"All good what we're you thinking about? Seemed very important" Laura questioned

Chase...

"Umm, this socials PowerPoint I have to finish today," I say lying through my teeth.

"Ah uh, sure" Violet blurted out.

"Speaking of which I have to go to the library to do more research"

Me: I got all of your homework for you if you want me to drop it off.

He replied surprisingly fast.

Chase: how about we meet at Anderson's Library downtown?

Me: sure but are you sure you feel well enough?

Chase: you made me feel a lot better

Me: good to know, so what time?

Chase: How about around 4?

Me: works for me, see you then.

Chase: see you then sweetheart.

Ugh, this man will be the death of me with those sweethearts.

~~

"Please remember to read act 3 and write a two-paragraph summary by Wednesday," Mr. Clause says as the bell rings.

I quickly go to my locker and grab my stuff before running out to my car.

The drive to the library isn't long but I had a very important stop on the way, Starbucks.

I got my favourite drink, a pink drink and I got Chase a Hot Chocolate, I'm feeling extra nice today.

Anderson's Library is probably one of the oldest in our town, it's the definition of a cozy library that you would sit in and watch the snow fall outside reading your favourite book.