|48| Ivy on cloud 9

4 MONTHS LATER•

"What was his motive"

"His father was abusing him I'm pretty sure?"

"Are you asking or telling", Treyton replies

"Telling", Jonathan confirms

"Good. His father abused him as a child and the mother noticed but said nothing so he murdered his dad"

"What about the mom?"

"Attempted, she's paralysed. Now we know he's guilty already, your job is to convince our client to take a plea deal otherwise he'll go to trial and that'll only end in him getting a lengthy sentence"

Jonathan raises his eyebrows, "As in by myself?"

"Yes. Problem?"

"Uhh no it's just that usually you're always in the room"

"I wouldn't have chosen you if I didn't think you could do it"

He nods

Treyton then looks back

"Where are you with the Smith case"

Beth tucks a hair behind her ear, "I'm meeting with Beverly tomorrow. She said she'll take the stand but she has conditions"

"Call me before you agree to anything"

"Ok"

He leans back in his seat, "I'll see you guys tomorrow"

My man is fine

His interns gather their things before leaving and I lean over, "I think you scare people"

"I'm just professional"

"You still scare people"

T rolls his eyes playfully

"She ain't wrong", Darnel hands me a bag of chips and I open them desperately

I shove a few into my mouth right away, "This won't be enough"

I want battered prawns....and a cheeseburger, also some fries. And a McFlurry too.

"I think the words you're looking for are thank you", He replies

"You try being five months pregnant", I mutter

I've been in here for about an hour whilst Treyton was with his interns, I was actually at work before because I had a meeting with my models for an upcoming fashion show I was asked to do, although I will say my assistant Nia has been a big help. At first I was a little weary because she's only eighteen but she was very determined so I hired her about two months ago. Anyway when I'm not at the studio I'm here, hence why there's a comfy chair in Treyton's office just for me which I'm currently sat on.

"You're doing good mama-

T looks away from his phone, "Dakota. And what are you even doing here?"

"Oh you didn't hear? Lacey Green's back at it again"

He takes the file from him, "What? I thought she was on probation"

Darnel snorts, "Yeah well she violated it and I can't deal with that shit. That bitch is crazy"

"Call Rick"

I frown, "Isn't Rick retired?"

"Yeah but sometimes he still interferes, give this to Larisa she'll know what to do"