|38| Escape

A/N
if u guys know me then yk how much I love to spice things up, I just feel that there should always be a pit before we reach a nice ending. so anyways, enjoy🙂

**
Did you want anything else with that?"

I shake my head as I bite into my bagel, "No I'm ok"

Jackie taps my bottle of pills against the table before sliding it over to me, "Drink up"

I roll my eyes playfully as I put it down, "I'm pretty sure i've been doing this for about two months now"

She scribbles something down on her notepad as she stands behind the till, "Yeah well it makes me feel better to remind you"

I sigh as I unscrew the cap, I then swallow a pill from each bottle before smiling at her sarcastically. "There"

"Thank you", She hums

I then check the time on my phone before raising my eyebrows, "Shit I gotta go-... oh also when Treyton comes for lunch can you tell him it's been paid for already?"

Jackie frowns, "But it hasn't been paid for"

"Take it off my wage, I'll see you later"

"Uh-... bye"

I was already late, thankfully enough the universe showed me mercy and the bus came within two minutes. Treyton would kill me if he knew I took the bus instead of calling his driver, yeah he has a driver now. But it's mostly for me because apparently I'm a passenger princess, I suppose there's some truth to that statement.

I hear a faint ring as I take a seat, my phone isn't in any of my pockets. The buzzing gets louder as I open up my bag, that's when I finally find it located beneath a bunch of pads and packets of gum. I sigh as I answer it, "Sorry. Hi"

"Hey gorgeous how are you"

"I'm fine aunt V, this is the third time you've called me this week" I say amused

"I know I know I'm just checking in on you-... Jeanie put that damn candy down"

I giggle a little

"Where are you off to now honey"

I look at my bottle of pills before replying with, "Therapy"

"They not still giving you those pills are they"

I roll my eyes playfully, "Yes. And they've been helping actually"

"Mmm no, that's the power of Jesus"

I shake my head with a smile, "As you always say"

"Of course. Anyway I'll leave you to it, but call me later"

"I will don't worry"

"Bye"

I end the call

"She's right you know"

I frown as I look back, there a man seated behind me reading a newspaper. "Sorry?"

He's black and he looks middle aged so I find it funny that he's reading a newspaper. It wasn't until he moved it away from his face that I noticed his beard, "Those pills can only get you so far"

I would've responded but the bus was drawing closer to my stop so all I did was ignore him. He continues to read from his newspaper as if he wasn't just eavesdropping on my conversation or talking to me, I get off the bus with a frown but then as I reach the building I forget about his comment.

Honestly its been two, almost three months since i've been going to therapy with Carmen and I hate to admit it but it has helped in many different ways. There's been a session or two where Grace came and I absolutely dreaded it, but I'm slowly starting to tolerate her again. Nova too because after all, none of this is her fault.