|09| Justus

I stumble into my bedroom, shutting the door behind me before collapsing onto my bed and taking struggled breaths. Marty was mad today, mad mad. Because one, I never told him where I was last night and two, I didn't bring home any beers. I had taken the bus home from the beach and had kind of hoped that my dad would be asleep when I got back although I already knew that he wouldn't. I'd prefer not to go over what happened but let's just say that I've got a few new marks on my back and side, my whole body is burning with pain.

I let out tears with my face buried into the comforter, I literally can't move. And you know what I can't help but blame this all on myself, if only I had just bought him those drinks, maybe then he would've just slapped me instead of using that metal pole.

Jasmine called me a few times, I just lied there watching the phone ring. I couldn't answer, I can't. I feel like I'm trapped inside of this never ending cycle, the only time I can be happy is outside of these walls and it shouldn't have to be like that. I should be able to want to come home but I can't do that, not when he's here.

My phone rings once more before going straight to voicemail and my eyes blur as I look up at the ceiling.

"Dakota can you please just answer. I need to know that you got home safely and I really want to talk to you. Zuri said some pretty mean things and I'm so sorry that I didn't stop you from walking away. But you need to know that I don't believe those words ok?- Shit my moms calling me, but just call me back... please?"

I turn off my phone before pulling the comforter over my head and letting the darkness consume me

-JASMINE-
I tut as the call goes to voicemail once more before sighing stressfully and making my way back to the others, "Anything?" Asher asks

I shake my head

"Hey I'm sure she's at home, maybe she just doesn't wanna talk to anyone right now" He says softly

"Or maybe she didn't make it home", I worry before looking past him

"Zuri"

She looks back at me, "You said some mean things to your sister. And I don't care what it is that you two are arguing about, which bear in mind is probably petty, but sometimes you need to learn when to stop"

"She really annoyed me"

I sit besides her, "And I get that ok? Sometimes I wanna strangle Mei to death too but you still need to realise when you've gone too far" I say softly

Zuri sighs, "Yeah...."

I pat her back, "You need to apologise"

She looks over at Cole, Asher and Treyton. "He saw the whole thing didn't he"

"Of course he did", I snort

"Think I ruined Dakota's chances with him?"

"Nah, you guys are sisters so of course you'll argue"

"Well one things for sure. He'll definitely be asking her about Khalil"

-DAKOTA-
My door opens and I feel myself freeze

However I've learned to clock onto which one of my family members is nearby from my senses, it's Zuri. "Get out" I murmur into my pillow

I just know that she's standing by my door awkwardly, I don't even need to turn around. "Um... dad wants us to go to the store, he says we're out of snacks. But he's asleep now so I don't know if you wanna go now or-

Keeping my jaw clenched (to refrain from screaming in pain), I eventually get off my bed and surprise surprise, Zuri is standing there as awkward as ever.