|11| Conversations

A few days went by, Marty didn't acknowledge me at all during that time which I think is better than when he does. I heard nothing from Treyton, nor did I see him which in other words means he's probably avoiding me. Although I don't have his number he always shows up at the bistro with someone, I guess not anymore. I went to school and then worked, my pattern pretty much continued. I also hadn't heard from Khalil which was annoying because he has those pills and I needed them, however within time I started to heal so there was no point anymore.

I asked Zuri if I could watch her skate today and she of course said yes, I wanted to watch her but I also had another intention. The chances are pretty low but, here's to hoping.

"Dakota", My sister groans

"I'm actually helping you here", I finish tying her hair back before patting her shoulder

"Good to go"

"Finally" Zuri mutters before going onto the rink

She knows the rules but always seems to ignore them, whether it's gum chewing or skating with her hair out, and I could go on. I mean I will admit she's really good for her age but still, nobody likes a brag.

I sigh as I look around, my eyes then do a double take after seeing who's at the entrance. Now usually I'm a 'never go up to a guy first' kind of girl however I don't think that those rules apply in this case. I rub the moisture from the ice rink onto the back of my jeans before making my way over to Treyton, today he's in cargos and a hoodie. You'd never expect this nigga to be a lawyer I swear, it's like he has a split personality.... I wonder what he's like when working.

He's talking with Bowman, the coach that works here, he was also my moms coach back when she did figure skating,"Dakota" He says surprised

Treyton looks back as I smile at Bowman, "Hi"

"Long time no see, how've you been?"

I smile a little, "I've been good. I've actually come by a few times, I wondered where you ran off to"

"Trust me I'm here alright. I coach the ice hockey team, you should watch some time"

I fold my arms surprised, "Oh really? Moved on from teaching figure skaters already huh"

"Nah I'd say Hayley's doing a pretty good job at it, and besides. I've never seen anyone skate as great as your mom did"

And cue the awkwardness

Treyton narrows his eyes as I put my hand in my back jean pocket, "Um. Yeah"

Bowman's face softens, "Hang in there alright?"

I nod and he smiles a little before walking away, now it's just me and Treyton. "Your mom used to skate?"

"Yeah"

He nods slowly before getting ready to walk away, however before he does I stop him. "Wait"

"For what"

Gosh we've switched roles

"I didn't mean what I said"

He folds his arms, "Which part. The fuck off or the leave me alone"

"Ok you're the one who said that you were gonna leave me alone-

"So let me do that"

Damnnn, white boys got an attitude

I sigh, "You know what not today. Look I didn't actually want you to leave me alone I was just annoyed that you made assumptions"

He leans on the wall, "All I did was ask you a question-