|40| Moments later

A/N
Ok ummmm so if yk me then yk how I love my time jumps, so take my warning xoxo🤭

**
                                   •DAKOTA•
Our place was often treated like an orphanage, people coming in, people coming out. But most of the time it was just business, and if you ever saw a man leaving then the culprit was always Jasmine fyi. My move from Washington DC to LA was always supposed to be temporary but things didn't exactly go the way we planned. Whoever said internships were a waste of time lied. I spent my first year interning for Miss Danica at fashion frenzy whilst also taking a course at the same time, she was a middle aged woman who had an attitude but I kind of liked that about her.

Halfway through she helped me set up Style savvy, your girls got a clothing line which she worked her but off for FYI. It's stressful but the stress is fun majority of the time, my two years in LA have been useful. My mom was also a big help, she helped me with designs and with my business plan too. I always loved modern urban clothing, now I'm trying to challenge myself with all kinds.

And of course we can't forget about Jazz and her jewellery making, you'd be surprised with the amount of people that like buying customised shit. Jewell haven wasn't a hard business for her to start.

"Ok turn", I hold the measuring tape tightly against Raven

"I wanna look hot. Like not cute hot, but fuckable hot"

"I think I can do fuckable hot"

She tucks her braids behind her ear before turning back to face the mirror and I tap her, "Girl you can handle not staring at yourself for thirty seconds"

"I really can't"

Dominique leans over from the couch before handing me my phone and I put the tape back around my neck before answering, "Hey"

"D when are you getting here?"

"My flights in the morning why?", I ask with amusement

"I miss you", Larisa complains

"I miss you too babe. My flights at eight thirty and i've got all your bridesmaids dresses ready, I got you"

Finally after two years of engagement, Larisa and Flynn are getting married. I'm honestly not sure why they waited so long but I suppose it's because they've both been busy, anyways I'll be returning to Washington for the wedding.

She breathes a sigh of relief, "Thank you. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you"

"Honestly? Nothing"

"Oh she's cocky now huh"

I grin, "I'm kidding. I love you, and tell Flynn I said hi"

"Will do. Alright I'll see you tomorrow"

I end the call before putting my phone down

Dominique bends her head backwards from the couch, "You're really famous back home aren't you"

"Not really"

"Girl you got people calling you every second of the day-

My phone rings again and the two of them raise an eyebrow that says told you so. I roll my eyes playfully before answering once more, "Hello?"

"Hi pretty"

I raise my eyebrows a little, "Ok I'm still having to get used to your deeper voice...- hi Cole"

Can't believe he's turning seventeen this month

"The ladies love it"

I snort, "I'm sure they do"