|10| F is for "Fuck off"

"Fear"

Mr Anderson walks up and down the classroom with his hands behind his back, he always tends to do that when teaching. The class follows him with their eyes as he does so, "Is it real. Yes or no"

Martin snorts from besides me, "Of course it is"

Mr Anderson points at him before leaning back on his desk, "Why" He challenges

He frowns at him amused before slowly responding with, "Uhhh.... I'm not sure how you want me to answer that"

"If you can't back up your point then you should really consider thinking before you speak", Mr Anderson replies

A few pieces of laughter spreads around the classroom before everyone slowly turns to silence once more and our teacher looks directly at me, "Moore. Help him out"

"I don't think I can"

He folds his arms with intrigue, "And why not"

I sigh, "Because. I don't think fear is real-

"It is" Martin snorts

I turn to look at him, "What are you scared of"

"Nothing"

"Spiders", Nicole speaks up

I look back at her, "What if I told you that you're not"

She narrows her eyes, "What makes you say that-

"Ah ah ah, Moore get up here", Mr Anderson interrupts

"Do I really have to?-

"Yes, up you come" He gestures

I sigh before pushing out my chair and making my way to the front of the classroom, everyone watching as I stand by our teachers desk.

Mr Anderson leans on the wall as he tosses a ball into the air and catches it, "So. Nicole says she's afraid of spiders and you think not, justify" 

"Ok well I think that fear is all apart of our imagination, I mean don't get me wrong it keeps us safe but people don't actually fear the thing they claim their afraid of in itself"

I turn, "Nicole you said you're scared of spiders"

She nods

"Well I'd say you're not scared of the spider, you're just afraid of the dangers that it could bring you. Again with things like being scared of going into the woods alone, people aren't scared of the woods itself. They're scared that they're not alone and that something could happen to them, so I guess that I could say fear is real but not completely..."

"So you would say that you're not afraid to die?" Chris asks

"I don't think death would scare me. I'd only be worried about how I'd die, but not of death itself. It's apart of life"

The bell rings and Mr Anderson smiles softly, "See folks. Justification is key"

I pack away my stuff before picking up my bag, "That was good" Nicole tells me, I smile a little before she walks away

The rest of the class piles out of the room and I start to follow the crowd until my teacher stops me, "Dakota"

"Yeah?"

"That was brilliant"

I shrug it off "Oh, that was nothing-

"You made an excellent point and backed it, most people can't do that"

Anderson then leans back on his desk chair, "Now I'm just waiting on that homework"

I widen my eyes, "Oh shit-