Chapter 64

Tundra jumped up. "No!"The sound rang loudly. His cries even expended a small amount of mana.

Hickson hit the back of Tundra's head. "Why are you screaming and going crazy?"

"Oh..."

With those final words, Jermi and Viola went on and held hands.

To be exact, it was actually just for a handshake, but in Tundra's eyes, it seemed to have been holding hands.

He felt very unpleasant, thus asking Hickson, "Teacher, don't you feel bad?"

"What?"

"Prince Jermi said he would be friends with the princess."

"Viola accepted it."

Instinctively, he hated it. The fact that Viola was burdened with Jermi.

That was why he hated him.

"Viola. I'm going to borrow him for a second."

"Why?"

"I have a place to take him to."

"Where?"

"I don't know if I can tell you. Anyway, I thought of a way to make this man more powerful."

Tundra actually tried to refuse. He didn't want to be away from Viola for a moment, thinking it was a natural mindset as a dog.

"Will he become stronger?"'

He realized it again while having a duel with Jermi. Tundra was progressing rapidly, but it was not enough compared to how far he had yet to go. If he had won overwhelmingly, it occurred to him that Viola would not have become friends with Jermi.

"Tundra, do you want to go?"

No.

He wanted to be by her side more.

But he hid his secret. He had to be strong.

"I will go."

"Yeah, then go."

This sight was also unfamiliar to Jermi. The Viola that he thought of was a person who ruled and commanded.

'For someone to act like that towards a servant...'

Still, she seemed to care enough about Tundra.

She asked Tundra's intention first, and she was doing what Tundra wanted.

Viola spoke informally, "Let's go tomorrow at nine in the morning. Is that good?"

"Okay, good. I'll be waiting at the front gate."

Watching Jermi comfortably talking informally, Tundra growled again.

***

That night.

Tundra went to the place where Jermi was staying, a shabby inn's room instead of a comfortable room provided by the institution.

"Why are you here?"

Jermi shrugged. "What kind of place is this?"

"..."

"An old and shabby place?" Jermi laughed softly. "Most people live like this. Have you forgotten?"

Tundra lived in far worse places than this one. His family had lived in a hut made of logs in a mountainous area without any infrastructure.

The security was bad and there was not enough food to eat.

'...I forgot.'

His life with Viola was so abundant.

As he lived in a finely crafted house with everything, he forgot about the previous state of his life.