Chapter 32

It felt as if Hera was seeing through Han Arin, her true self, as who she really is. The fierce eyes that are like a menacing snake seemed to be sweeping through her body.

"It must be hard to hide the madness that's about to explode."

...Huh?

"The truth is you want to go even more wild?"

'...Me?'

"Don't you want to do the sword dance more ferociously and sing a song of poison?"

"...."

Oh, wait.

'Me?'

At Viola's silence, Hera thought otherwise-she thought they had an implicit agreement.

"You're holding it in well."

"...."

"Well, people who just crave blood are not Verratoux... They're just killing machines."

Verratoux and a killing machine are different.

The killing machine is just regarded as a criminal, while Verratoux is a ruler.

Viola passed in acting as a ruler. Because she acts like a ruler, she knew how to control her madness. Uncontrolled madness leads to destruction, while controllable madness is an essential virtue of a true Verratoux.

"Didn't Xenon report it like that? You also have the rationality to control your madness."

"How did you know?"

"It was shared between the butlers."

Saying so, Hera nodded. "In fact, I think Xenon gave too much generosity in giving the score. I was really curious."

"Now that you've seen me in person, what do you think, sister?"

"That was an accurate score after all."

Hera's facial expression relaxed.

"I like you, too, Viola."

Hearing that, Viola was a bit taken aback. It felt like the development was more rapid than she thought. Hera then suddenly reached out and caressed her cheek.

"Your face is really my taste."

At this point, it was Viola who thought the situation was rather absurd.

'No, this isn't it.'

She had to come to her senses. I feel like the initiative has now been handed over to Hera.

Hera is smart. She must have been testing her while pretending to admit her thoughts completely.

'Hera wants to be the absolute.'

She wanted a strong absolute who could protect her perfectly. Her first and second siblings will take care of the 'real absolute,' anyway.

So, it's up to them.

Now, all she had to do was show the 'carbon copy' absolute.

She snapped Hera's hand in a flash-snap! Then, Viola swept her hair down.

"My pretty sister."

Viola's fierce eyes turned to Hera's.

Because of that, Hera swallowed dry saliva without realizing it. That hand sweeping down her hair made her feel a strange fear as if it would dig into her neck any time soon.

Of course, Viola didn't mean to go that far.

She thought the original Viola would have acted like this, so she just imitated it. She then said, "Don't cross the line."