Chapter 35

"As an excuse for my pocket money, I missed Father."

Heron felt it in his gut. His logical setting from the original novel could see through Viola's heart and sincerity.

'Did she mean it?'

Viola's eyes were full of sincerity. A very intense sincerity. In fact, it wasn't a wrong observation. Because Arin's virtuous desire to see her favorite character was real.

'Though there really is no reason, other than my sincere feelings for him.'

Heron squinted his eyes. He wanted to see himself as a father.

'I don't like that idea at all.'

Though the corners of his mouth rose slightly.

"Why?"

"You're handsome."

Carlton screamed inwardly. In the last fifteen years, he had never heard anything like that. He almost dropped the bunch of papers that were right in his hand.

The Duke said with a grave look.

"How much do you need?"

"One hundred million dalias."

The average monthly salary of ordinary people was about three million dalias. So, that amount of money was ordinary people's savings for three years without spending a single penny.

However, this was Duke Heron.

"That's the money I'm supposed to get when I'm twelve."

Succession candidates receive one million dalias when they turn twelve. It's up to the candidates how to spend it. She was asking him to receive it in advance.

It was a request meant to do once in the Duchy.

At least, that was the case for Hera. She reported in detail how the one million dalias would be invested. She didn't ask for it recklessly.

"What do you plan to do?"

"I'm going to make money."

"So, you want to use leverage?"

This refers to an investment strategy where borrowed capital (liabilities) is drawn to increase profits from asset investment and then purchased assets.

Perhaps his young daughter was instinctively aware of the concept of leverage.

"Yes, I'm trying to empower Hera."

After bringing Hera to her side, Viola decided to get along with the Medeia Line, the First Princess. That way, she had a high probability of a happy ending.

"Why?"

"Isn't it also Verratoux-like to build a capable ally? I thought it would be better to have Hera on my side because she couldn't be the heir."

Viola continued. "Of course, I'm not asking for it for free."

"What do you suggest?"

"April is just around the corner. It's time for the hoard of wild boars to rise, and I heard Maple Village always suffers a lot of damage."

"You seem to have studied hard."

"Yes. Otherwise, my neck will be cut off."

The Duke grinned unconsciously. He liked it when Viola was confident and brazen. Gazing at the child, her peachy cheeks caught his eyes again.

"So?"

"I'll solve the problem of the wild boar. Would that prove my ability?"

"Are you confident?"