Chapter 14

It had nothing to do with Viola’s will.

“Your… hey.”

My body crept down. ‘I’m…sleepy.’

My consciousness became hazy, and I fell asleep.

Since it was 3:45 in the morning, the seven-year-old’s body couldn’t handle it. Her body is very vulnerable to basic human needs.

Eat, eat, sleep, and eat. Stomach bath. Sleep bath. She was especially weak on these three things. Viola couldn’t stand it if she was too sleepy, if there were something delicious, or if she had to go to bed. At those times, the body would react on its own regardless of her will. Just like now.

Viola fell asleep. As breaths and breaths crossed, her chest slowly went up and down.

Xenon glanced at the figure.

“Oh, my God.”

He scratched the back of his head.

“Was it rude for me to ask that?”

Xenon bowed down calmly and covered the blanket with delicate touches.

Several purple hairs entered Viola’s mouth. Maybe it’s a dream, but Viola was chewing her hair so he pulled out her hair slightly.

His hand brushed past her plumpy cheeks.

Viola tossed and turned, feeling itchy.

“You look cute sleeping.”

The princess, who is exceptionally Verratoux-like, seemed no different from other children when she was sleeping.

He was serious. ‘She’s seriously cute.’

She is much smaller than seven years of her age. Even if someone told him that she was five years old, he would believe it.

When he looked at her, she was sleeping with her eyes slightly open.

Xenon closed Viola’s eyelids that had a much more friendly and careful touch than when she covered them.

He raised his back.

“Oops.”

He thought she was cute when he saw Viola, but the process he had to go through was not so cute.

Viola was testing him. So, Xenon had to be on alert.

“She is the child who can handle mana like that, there’s no way she couldn’t sleep properly by herself, right?”

He’d seen her deal with mana personally.

When she had thrown a git pen at Vixen.

When she overpowered Tundra in an instant.

When she slapped him on his cheek.

Mana is the product of this era that gives superhuman strength. It is very commonly mistaken that a person who treated mana like that would not be able to sleep easily…

‘You’re doing it on purpose, aren’t you?’

This was a test for him, Xenon, the butler.

Take care of yourself.

It is also a way of indirectly showing that reporting to the Duke is not so important to her. It was very much a Verratoux-like way.

‘This report… I’ll post it on my own.’

Xenon grinned and turned off the magic light.

Just in case Viola might wake up, he came out slowly without creating any sound. The smile didn’t disappear from Xenon’s mouth.