Chapter 56

“Let me ask. Was my father’s choice wrong?”

“It wasn’t wrong.”

The Viscount, who had spoken up to that point, remained silent for a long time, then opened his mouth with difficulty.

“…Actually, I knew.”

Then, he covered his face and sobbed.

At that moment, Viola felt that Viscount Seal’s body had become much smaller.

He was withdrawn and humbled. The ‘nobleman who had an upright conviction to the point of death’ mentioned in the novel was not here.

‘Did you know?’

She didn’t expect it.

She didn’t know that he had noticed his son’s derailment because it was never mentioned in the novel.

‘Zelton is killed by Vixen, Viscount Seal is killed by Heron.’

That was the content of the novel.

‘Did he pretend he didn’t know at all even though you knew it?’

Viola looked at Viscount Seal, sobbing silently. As she continued to stare at him, she seemed to understand.

‘He wanted to be the father-Viscount, rather than the noble-Viscount.’

The father did not want to reveal the fact that his son had derailed. It seemed he didn’t want it to be revealed to the world that his son had sold himself to black magic.

‘He, who was a father, disregarded even his own convictions and could not punish his son.’

Because of that, he decided not to judge right or wrong.

…Zelton was already dead.

In other words, Seal paid for the sin by losing his son.

“For whatever reason, Zelton had a father.”

The weeping Viscount Seal looked at Viola. It was because her words were surprising.

‘…Had a father.’

It was also the words the Viscount Seal wanted to hear.

“He always wanted to be a tree to that child.”

“….”

“He wanted to be a strong protector.”

So, he poured a lot of love and affection toward his son.

“It is a noble thing for a father to love his son.”

Viola seriously thought so.

Some said it is natural for parents to love their children. However, Han Arin, abandoned by her parents, did not think so.

For her, it was not natural.

Everyone knows it’s natural, but Han Arin didn’t have that for granted.

“I’m sorry. I was wrong.”

“The method may have been slightly wrong, but it cannot be denied that the Viscount’s heart was sublime.”

Hearing that, she bit her lip slightly.

Even if it was a false fatherhood, the Viscount’s love was real.

‘I am not a judge.’

She didn’t want to judge right or wrong. Because of that, Viola decided not to judge the heart of a father who had already lost a beloved son and was sobbing.