Chapter 49

"It would be better not to do this, Lord."

Even Jermi was taken aback by those words.

Such an answer was not something a commoner could give to a nobleman. It was possible only when there was a 'very justifiable cause' for commoners to respond like that.

'For a... very justifiable cause.'

There was no very justifiable cause for Jermi to feel.

A commoner must not have any justification for such an answer. It was a dangerous enough situation for Jermi.

'If even that boss's finger is cut off...'

Then, this delicious egg tart would disappear.

'Isn't this Princess Viola's regular restaurant?'

Most of the people gathered here are commoners. He couldn't help it. Because in this world, the proportion of commoners was overwhelmingly higher than that of nobles. Wherever they go, there were more commoners than nobles.

'There is no one to stop him.'

This was a place he liked.

He was willing to find it again next time, so Jermi hoped this place wouldn't go bankrupt.

"How very unsightly it is in the winter castle."

"I'm sorry if it seemed that way, but a principle is a principle."

"You kept saying a principle, and I'm nauseous."

The boy strode over and slapped the boss.

Slap!

It didn't seem like magic. Nevertheless, as if he had been training, the owner's cheeks swelled up quickly.

"I give you one last chance. Bake the leftovers."

"I'm sorry. As you may know, this is a favorite place for the Iron-Blood Princess."

"Then?"

"She also queues up and buys only two. If I sell three or more egg tarts to the Lord, I'm ignoring her."

The boy laughed as if it was ridiculous.

"You're joking around with that hole in your mouth."

He could understand why the owner mentions the iron-blooded Princess. It was because he felt threatened by alluding to the fact that the famous Verratoux princess was behind the owner.

"You dare to threaten me, you scumbag?"

"It's not a threat. I'm asking for your understanding, Lord."

"Shut up. Tonight. You will be found dead."

Jermi felt a presence outside the door.

It seemed that Princess Viola and her party were still outside.

'Hmm. Then.'

He likes it here, and he likes Viola, too.

'Shall I get some points?'

If the day came when they could formally greet each other, he wondered if he could make a good impression. A good swordsman who helped the owner of her regular shop... that seemed to be enough.

Jermi stepped forward.

"Let's stop here."

The eldest son of Viscount Seal.

Zelton, who turned sixteen this year, was truly upset. In his own estate, things that wouldn't even dare to look at him with their own eyes kept making eye contact with him and talking back and forth.