Chapter 33

"My name is Viola Verratoux. I turned seven this year."

This seemingly simple greeting included a stern warning, as Viola also revealed that she is a Verratoux.

"V-Verratoux?"

"Did you say Verratoux?"

Viola grinned inwardly.

'You mean you approached me without knowing I was Verratoux?'

She guessed they are mercenaries who are commissioned by Hera herself. They seemed to have been hired without knowing who their opponent would be.

'Well, a strong-minded mercenary wouldn't carry out this request.'

A mission to kidnap a child-

Those who try to kidnap and sell the powerless little girl of the fallen aristocracy as slaves are usually not properly trained mercenaries. Maybe, they had done a lot of evil hence why they have accepted this mission without alarm or much concern.

The masked people, who were briefly flustered, soon burst into laughter as though they were dumbfounded.

"You're Verratoux...?"

"A Verratoux is walking around this secluded place without an attendant? Hahaha!"

"Of course, you're a Verratoux!"

They did not believe Viola.

"First, I revealed that I was Verratoux, and secondly, I also revealed that I was seven years old."

"What on earth does this lady believe in to be so bold?"

The masked men approached with a grin.

"Here, in Winter Castle under the strict orders of Duke Heron, every child under the age of ten is to be protected. Nevertheless, you have threatened me with weapons..."

She muttered softly.

"...Trash."

She was sure they were literal trash, but she asked just in case.

"How many children have you kidnapped and sold as slaves?"

"At least twenty."

They said it as if they were bragging. Then, one of them interrupted. "No, brother. Didn't we have a big one last time? I think it is over thirty."

"Oh, it was."

Well, kidnapping and slave sales seemed to be something to be proud of for them.

He let out a laugh.

"Especially, for cute children like you, we sell them at a high price."

Viola reached out her hand.

"Xenon, clean water."

At that, something wriggled up from her shadow.

The masked people were frightened. A state to which a person can be completely hidden in the shadows-it was impossible thought by the masked people.

"Here."

Viola, who received the water bottle, washed her ears and her palm.

"I've heard something too dirty."

"Y-you! Who are you...!"

Shouting, the masked men pointed weapons at Xenon, although he just simply chuckled.

Then, the man, who appeared to be a lot larger than the four, tilted his head.

"Ho...?"

Everything went by so fast that they couldn't even catch a glimpse of him. As they were feeling dizzy...