Chapter 12

An hour ago, Duchess Isabella found something strange.

Today, Vixen felt much more energetic than usual. It was strange, and she felt glad.

Duchess Isabella sat on the chair.

“Vixen, you’re brave.”

“Yes.”

Shortly after the whipping was over, Vixen sat on with his knees.

“Finally, did you eat to your heart’s content?”

Duchess Isabella looked at her palm. Blood had formed. It was stinging and bitter, but it was tolerable.

Vixen finally seemed a little more mature.

Isabella laughed with satisfaction. “Vixen, you are the child that should act like a lion.”

‘In the distant future, you have to eat me. That way, you can be reborn as the true ruler of Verratoux.’

“I have to be more severe than I am now.”

“Okay. Can I get up then?”

“Sure.”

As Vixen rose from his seat, Duchess Isabella smiled benevolently and said.

“You can wear clothes.”

“Clothes?”

“Yes, that’s it for today’s discipline.”

Vixen thought for a moment. “Hmm.”

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing.”

Vixen looked at the clock on the wall.

The clock is a product of magic tricks. It is a precision clock that does not allow an error of even one-tenth of a second.

He didn’t care about the fact that it was a work of a sorcerer, who is called the masterpiece of the present era. Vixen only observed the movement of the second hand.

“Mother should go to bed now.”

It’s already one a.m.

He started getting punished at ten p.m., so she had been whipping him for about three hours.

Duchess Isabella felt strange again. Vixen has never done this before.

‘Vixen is right and wanted to be with me.’

Vixen loved his strange mother, Duchess Isabella, even if he gets hit by a whip.

He still wants to be together with her even more, but she supposed things changed.

Duchess Isabella noticed something.

“Are you waiting for someone?”

“Yes.”

Vixen laughed. Duchess Isabella’s eyebrows wrinkled. This was because she saw Vixen’s expression turning bright.

“Who’s my son waiting for? I don’t think it’s your brother or sister.”

She didn’t think he would be. Then, there is only one person left.

The youngest daughter, who is particularly interested in Vixen these days. It looks like it is Viola, the adopted daughter that the duke brought from the slums.

‘Viola?’

Duchess Isabella smiled faintly.

“You’re waiting for your youngest sister, aren’t you?”