Chapter 19

"Do you want to know who killed your daughter?"

Flinch. Hixen's body shook. No matter how much he was drunk, his ears irked whenever the word 'daughter' was heard.

"What, you..."

All the drunkenness in him simmered down before he knew it.

Viola gulped. It is said that there is mana in this world, and if he makes up his mind, he can blow away all the senses in his body. It seemed to be true. His eyes, which were like rotten fish's eyes, came back alive.

"I saw your daughter."

"Where?"

Hixen's eyes flashed to life. The word 'daughter' was the whole meaning of his existence.

"Svenu slum, eleventh Street. Under the sewers of the terrible site."

All of this is about Hixen, who came to his senses a few years later, by learning for himself. Hixen learns to calm down by teaching Tundra. He went back to the very beginning and looked for traces of his daughter. Eventually, he found his enemy.

Viola continued nonchalantly.

"Red hair like it's burning. Raisins of freckles on the cheeks. She had small cross-shaped earrings on her ears."

"..."

Hixen's body has hardened. 'Is this really a Verratoux?' He didn't know who this girl was. But she was emitting the energy of Verratoux.

'There's no way there's a Verratoux I don't know.'

Judging from her clothes, she seemed to be part of a family that had a high reputation. However, he didn't believe it completely. Over the past three years, there have been many people who have approached him this way. All of them wanted to use Hixen's sword skills.

The misfortune of Hixen as an individual is like luck to many powerful men who wanted him. So, Hixen no longer believes in people.

"She firmly believed that her father would come to her rescue the moment she was dying. She was proud to have a father like you."

How she died was not described in detail, though it seems that something terrible had happened that Viola was reluctant to describe.

"Anyway, she's definitely dead. I saw it with my own eyes."

"With your own eyes?"

"I told you. I was in the slums."

Hixen clenched his fist. In fact, he was expecting that his daughter was dead. However, he did not admit it until now. Even now, he still didn't want to admit it. As he tried to yell no, Viola quickly continued.

"You were a hero, and you were called the Black Whale, weren't you?"

"...What the hell do you want to say, kiddo?"

The way he talks is a lot more calm. He seemed to have figured that Viola was not talking nonsense.

"And you are also a friend of my great father, the Master of Winter Castle."

"..."

Only then did Hixen discover who this girl is.

Recently, Winter Castle was noisy. Duke Heron said he had brought in an adopted daughter from the slums. Then, it made sense, the fact that Viola saw his daughter accidentally in the slums. The doubt disappeared a little.

"Are you Viola?"

"That's right. Anyway, you had the same talent as my father. You're a hero. Your wife and daughter are killed and kidnapped. Then, it's either."