Chapter 24

Verratoux Family's test was held in the thousand-year-old duchy. If she fails this test, Viola would be discarded without any hesitation.

'Phew.'

While I was breathing deeply, the large door opened wide, and she slowly got a glimpse of people who were inside. Viola moved solemnly with Xenon behind her.

"The Seventh Princess of the Verratoux Family. Young Lady Viola Verratoux enters."

She was called the seventh princess, not the Sixth Princess.

Just like in the novel.

Walking several steps further, she glanced to her right and stared at the butler who called her the Seventh Princess.

In fact, the duke's test starts from here.

Whether she would correct something that was wrong on the stop or not. If she gets it right and acts how 'a Verratoux should act,' then she would pass the first test.

'I can't do the same as Viola.'

In the original book, Viola moved swiftly and stabbed the butler in the neck. Sadly, she couldn't make the same move as her. If she followed her actions from the novel, she could have exposed unwanted loopholes.

So, instead, she chose a different method.

Choosing a method she could do better.

Step by step.

The sound of Viola's footsteps echoed in the silence. Slowly, she approached the butler. As the original story went, she had to kill that butler, but she decided to twist the original plot a little.

'That's not a real butler.'

It is not a real person. It is a doll strung by a puppeteer.

[ The fourth finger of the butler's left hand had a thin thread attached to it. 」

A very fine, shiny thread could be seen. Viola stood before him silently. She slowly took out the dagger from her arms and swung it very leisurely with a nonchalant attitude.

The dagger given to her was from Verratoux. The special dagger was made by the duke's workshop to fit her wistful spirit for its' high quality. Although it was a rough-and-dull dagger, it was not impossible to break the thread.

Swish! The thread broke, and the butler doll lost its strength and collapsed.

Viola wasn't too surprised to know it was a doll. 'Now, we can step on that head.' It was difficult to trample on people, though it was not that difficult to trample on dolls.

Step!

Viola deliberately put her foot on the butler's head. She trampled on it slowly. She practiced really hard while looking at the mirror last night.

Smile.

"Oh, no, that's not fun at all."

The man rolled up his lips and laughed, hiding the tension with laughter. She peered at the man.

"Savann Marcos."

[ The person who manipulated the doll was the puppeteer, Savann Marcos. 」

She could feel the tension from his stare. All the other family members, except Viola, are sitting at the long table.

Duke Heron Verratoux.

Duchess Isabella.

And the eyes of her five siblings could be visibly felt at once, too. With all the pressure, Viola seriously wanted to cry. 'Wow. This is too much for me.' Among all the stares, it was difficult to differentiate whose eyes were a violent, wild animal.