Chapter 37

"It's a mistake. I can't believe it's an actual gift."

"This kind of thing?"

'What do you mean you can't believe it's an actual gift? Waaahh, look at this father of mine while talking. I can't take this. It looks like I'm going to have to scold him with a piece of a wreath.'

Viola strolled towards Heron with the wreath. She didn't move stealthily as if she was going to spray water on him nor did she move hesitantly, rather, she just walked normally.

The daughter walking towards her father didn't look like the sinister Duke's Princess.

"I worked hard doing it while thinking about you, Father."

She then put out her hands and showed them. Standing before Heron, she showed her muddy hands. She was much smaller than Heron, who was in the chair.

Viola lifted her tiptoes and placed the wreath on Heron's head.

She laughed and clapped her hands.

"You look so good."

'Of course, he's my favorite character. I can't believe he looks that good with a flower crown. You look like you came out of a romance manga, Dad!'

Heron Verratoux and a crown made of flowers. These two things were an incongruous combination that actually suited each other.

Heron didn't say anything.

"..."

'I'm in a bad mood.'

No. It wasn't like he felt that way rather...

'I think I should be in a bad mood.'

No...

'Do I have to be in a bad mood?'

Heron Verratoux was a little confused by this sort of child he had never experienced before. Eventually, he opened his mouth with a serious look on his face.

"A man doesn't do fancy things like this."

Oh my.

'We're talking about fantasy worldly stuff here, my 'oh-so-favorite' character.'

"You look too good for that."

"..."

"Really pretty."

A normal lady in a typical noble family wouldn't express themselves directly like that. They especially don't say that to men. Because they think it's vulgar.

Then, Viola laughed.

"It was worthy."

He looked at his daughter's hands covered in dirt. Seeing her like that, he felt a lump in his chest. Heron raised his hand silently and touched the crown.

"You sure laugh a lot."

At that moment, Viola shot him a bloodthirsty glare.

It had been three years since she possessed Viola's body.

Viola was a dream-like character, a promising child born to be a murderer. 'Thanks to this genius body, this much is possible for me '

She opened her mouth with a smirk.

"You know how I usually look."

She didn't look like that often. After the welcome dinner, Viola was nicknamed the Iron-Blood Princess. Rumor said that even if she was Verratoux's adoptive daughter, she acted more like Verratoux more than anyone else, and she played her role vehemently.