Chapter 34

"Is it here?"

The building was massive. It was a ten-story building.

The world was a fantasy world, and although developed, magic engineering wasn't advanced enough to develop an architectural technology to build tall buildings.

Rather than saying magic engineering here was inherently inferior to science and technology, it was because there was no need to raise the buildings higher than necessary in this wide expanse of land.

'Ten stories are really high-'

It was rather difficult to compare simply like that, though she thought it could be compared to a seventy-story building in modern times. This was the largest building around here.

Viola's heart was pounding.

'Building owner...!'

There was a saying, the building owner was higher than the creator.

'But, she became the owner of a building at the age of twelve?'

She was a really fraudulent character in a sense. Even though she knew the original story after reading it, she felt even more desperate. Viola sternly made up her mind again, thinking they should definitely get along.

"I like you, sister, really, truthfully."

And so, they went into the building of Terra Guild. There was a variety of people moving around inside.

"Who did you choose as the puppet boss?"

"Do you even know what you are saying?"

Because she came from the slums, Hera probably thought she didn't know anything.

Still, the more Viola looked at it, the more amazing it was. She kept thinking that her father had brought her to Verratoux for nothing.

"There was a prestigious merchant nearby."

She didn't say 'there is,' but 'there was.'

"So, what about now?"

"Dead."

Viola was appalled. This was not explained in detail in the original book. Just in case, she pulled herself together and asked again.

"Did you kill him?"

"No way."

Of course, that's the nature of being a Verratoux, after all. They are cruel to the enemy, though they don't blindly kill people.

"He was dead."

Hera continued in silence. "So, I buried him."

"Then, how..."

Viola, who went so far, seemed to realize.

'...Sevan Marcos!'

That's right.

The owner of the Guild of Terra-the current owner, was Sevan Marcos. He could have skinned the face off a corpse and recreated exactly the same person. So, he seemed to be skinning his face and taking over the role of the owner.

'Wahh! I let my guard down for a second. Yeah... this is that world. I should never let my guard down.' Thinking so, Viola got her act together.

"Well, where is Sevan Marcos?"

"Sevan Marcos?"

Hera turned her head and looked at Viola. After a moment, she laughed. She did not deny the fact.

"So, that's how much you know of, huh?"

Hera reached out her hand. Because of that, Viola held her hand unknowingly, then, Hera pulled her hand and placed it on her left chest.