Chapter 25

Duchess Isabella bit her lip slightly.

It was something that was way beyond her expectations.

How should she put it...?

It felt like she was beaten.

'In that short amount of time, she knew everything even though she only heard the word "Seventh Princess"?'

To be honest, she had somewhat expected Viola's reactions. For instance, she expected her to probably stab the doll butler. Though instead, Viola's response far exceeded her expectations-not only that she didn't stab the doll, she chose to cut the thread instead as if she had known everything.

That wasn't the end.

She even guessed the identity of the person controlling the doll at once. Viola figured it all out too accurately.

"She was born with... an unbelievable insight."

The situation was shocking.

Moreover, Viola is only seven years old.

'That child is dangerous..'

How can a seven years old know this much? In addition, Duke Heron even praised her as 'great.' In fact, to be honest, that was the most shocking thing of all.

Duchess Isabella looked at the Duke.

"I can't believe you complimented me."

"Well, you did something to be praised."

Again, the silence fell.

Of all the Duke's five children, only the First Princess heard his praise once in a while. Duke Heron is rather stingy in giving praises... But, he complimented Viola, especially, in the presence of all the other families gathered.

It was very significant.

Although she was the last to jump into the race for succession, now, she was starting with an advantage.

The Duchess asked again.

"Isn't the second question meaningless, you said?"

"Do as you wish. The two questions are the Duchess' rights."

"You've already praised me, so I didn't think it's necessary."

'It shouldn't end like this.'

So, Viola answered nonchalantly.

"Though... the second question is obvious."

...Because she knows everything from the novel.

She continued her words, "It's not a question of why, how dare you, wield a weapon in front of the Duke and the Duchess?"

And so, Viola did her best to answer all the questions without showing any nervousness.

At the moment, silence, once again, filled the dining hall.

It was because all of her words were correct.

Isabella was speechless at the moment. She didn't expect the little princess to have come this far.

'What answer will she reply to that question...?'

The thought that she shouldn't have asked those questions aroused in Isabella's mind for no reason.

"Wait."

Duke Heron finally spoke again. His gaze did not fall from Viola.

The way she looks right now...

She's acting like Verratoux. Not once did she avoid Isabella's gaze. More importantly, Viola was not showing signs of falling behind Isabella but rather, showing the lead.