Chapter 53

Seven raids in three days.

There was one thing that could be known from that. Someone didn’t want Veratoux’s envoy, Viola, to arrive at Viscounty Seal.

‘Moderately trained raiders.’

They were not highly trained.

It meant that they didn’t want to use such high-level manpower, and they didn’t want to reveal his tail.

‘They don’t like the reconciliation between Veratoux and Seal, and an unknown force that doesn’t send high-quality manpower to this side.’

There was one such evil force.

In the novel, they called themselves ‘hot air.’

They were also the ones who kidnapped Hickson’s daughter and Jermi.

‘Of course, Jeremy, who was full of curiosity, was kidnapped half-voluntarily, but…’

It was described in the novel like this:

[ “Jermi, who was very curious, accepted the kidnapping.” ]

Who would have known that curiosity would turn the Veratoux and the Palail family to such an extreme?

After all, they want to isolate Winter Castle and Veratoux. That’s why they broke Hickson, Heron’s trusted comrade in the past.

‘They didn’t send high-level personnel to this side, but instead, they would send high-level personnel to Viscounty Seal’s side.’

She thought she knew what they were thinking.

‘By the time we arrive, they will kill all the people of Viscounty Seal.’

And, they would put it on Viola herself.

The ‘hot air’ would be the ones who will remain.

“By the time we arrive. At that time, they will try to kill all the people of Viscounty Seal.”

“Eh? What do you mean?”

“They’re blocking us by sending people of similar skill seven times. They’re calculated our arrival times.”

“Why?”

“There are forces that want Veratoux to be isolated.”

Hickson actively agreed with that statement.

“There are a lot of people who want Veratoux to be destroyed. So are you sure this is a trick?”

“Yeah. It’s correct to count the time. The question is, can they annihilate Viscounty Seal at exactly that time? It’s going to be physically difficult? Killing all those people isn’t a matter of just a minute or two. If we arrive in the meantime and get some evidence, they will be in trouble.”

Xenon gazed at Viola softly. He was quick-witted and seemed to understand why Viola was saying this.

‘She’s saying this to listen to her.’

Xenon felt a little better.

When Viola chose to be a white Veratoux two years ago, Xenon was frankly embarrassed. The person who suits the black more than anyone chooses the white.

But now, he thought a little differently.

‘It’s very different from the white Veratoux I’ve been, through.’

The result itself was different from the successors of the past who had no choice, though to choose a white Veratoux because they could not become a black Veratoux. Her ability as a black Veratoux was superior to anyone else, although her ability as a white Veratoux was even better than that.