Chapter 16

My hand moved on its will. I couldn't bear the luxury of the egg tart somehow when I put my eyes on it. However, the problem was the spring breeze that flew through the window. In the spring breeze, the sweet scent of soft egg tarts permeated deeply. So, I unconsciously picked up the egg tart.

Bite.

All of a sudden, I put another one in my mouth.

'Oh, this is the taste!'

And after a second, I experienced hell. Even the butler, Carlton, was looking at Viola as if he was embarrassed. Xenon looked at Viola with a slightly worried look.

It's not until this fluffy egg tart gets in your mouth. 'This isn't it.' I didn't expect my body to move like this. Viola picked up egg tarts with her two fingers, hiding her embarrassment.

It happened, and I had to deal with the consequences...

"I'll give you one."

I handed one of it over to Duke Heron, and added.

"It's very delicious."

"Are you giving me one?"

"Yes, especially for you."

"It's a waste, I don't enjoy sweets."

"That's too bad."

"Why would you give me?"

"Because you're my father now."

Heron Verratoux raised his hand. Viola flinched for a moment and touched a poisoned dagger in her hand. His index finger touched Viola's cheek.

Swoosh~

As if to wipe off the dust, he wiped off Viola's cheek with indifferent touch.

"Xenon, make sure you teach her manners. I've never seen Verratoux with something on their face."

Heron raised his finger. his finger was filled with cream. He wiped off the cream with a napkin and Duke Heron rose from his seat.

"One question, Viola."

"Yes."

"Everyone in winter pays respect to me, putting their right hand on their chest and lowering their head. Why didn't you do that?"

Viola sat down and looked up at Duke Heron. I couldn't swallow egg tart completely. Thanks to it, my mouth was still busy.

Munch.

Luxury egg tarts melted in my mouth. I was sorry for its disappearance, so I rolled my tongue lightly and saved it. Viola, who had come to her senses to a certain extent, said.

"Is that what you want?"

"..."

"If that's what father wants, I'll do the same."

In fact, Duke Heron Verratoux has never ordered such a thing. As a child, Heron Verratoux dreamed of a beautiful world, he once even dreamed of becoming a hero. However, the wall of reality was stiff.

A beautiful and clean way alone could not make him the head of the winter castle.

He had to kill many men and animals before he came to this position, and was given the title of Duke many years later. Eventually, he was able to get this high in the Winter Castle. He became the continent's strongest shield to protect mankind from the northern snow.

People admired Heron, but were also afraid at the same time. The only person who was not afraid of Heron was Rael. She treated Heron as a human Heron, not as the Heavenly Duke Heron.