Chapter 60

Viola’s gaze turned towards the thin blade.

Even though she was terribly surprised, she didn’t show it.

‘The smell of blood…!’

Her heart was pounding.

‘No. Don’t go wild, heart.’

She had to work hard to keep Viola in the original story from popping out. So, she didn’t pay much attention to her own side.

“You’re not surprised.”

“Any reason why I should be surprised?”

In fact, Viola didn’t know what he was talking about.

As she was holding on to all the strings of reason, she spit out any words that came to mind. While remaining expressionless, she counted one elephant and two elephants.

‘It’s peaceful now, Viola.’

If she suddenly jumped out and cut off the Viscount’s neck, she would be in trouble.

…For now, just be quiet.

‘If there’s a moment when I need you, I’ll call you then, please…’

As if Viola’s wish had worked, her pounding heart had subsided.

‘Whoa.’

Then a voice was heard.

“….I.”

“What did you say?”

“I wanted revenge on my wife.”

The Viscount murmured softly as he watched the blade of his sword dripping with blood through his cold eyes. Around that time, Viola also started to get a little nervous.

‘What is he saying now?’

He wanted revenge?

So, he got revenge? Then, what was with the bloody sword now?

‘No way…’

It wouldn’t be.

The Viscount killed his cheating wife. He probably didn’t do such a terrible thing…?

‘It won’t be. According to the novel, it can’t be.’

Doesn’t the author’s setting values ​​have a great influence in this world? It couldn’t be, though, that blood dripping continuously was stuck in her eyes.

‘Yes, it won’t.’

Viola took a deep breath without anyone knowing. If it was not anyone else and it’s Viscount Seal, there was no way that’s the case.

“So what kind of revenge did you want?”

Viola smiled while hiding her trembling heart. Outwardly, she seemed relaxed and calm.

“My revenge is…”

“Was your own death a punishment for the Viscountess?”

“….”

The man didn’t say anything for a moment.

The little princess seemed to have read everything in his heart. He had a creepy feeling as if those pretty eyes were scouring his own heart.

“I knew because you lost your son. How painful it is to lose a loved one. That’s why the Viscount may have chosen your own death.”

It would have been complicated.

He loved his wife though hated her, on the one hand, and wanted to forgive her… Nevertheless, he couldn’t. So he would eventually go to war to defend the honor and be a fierce warrior.