~~

"Hey Juli," I greet Juliet when she walks through the kitchen into the cafe.

"Hi, Lils," she waves back.

"So, how was school," I ask.

"School, so terrible," she says.

We laugh and fill each other in on our days, honestly working with her has made work a hundred times better.

It's more like hanging out than working. Of course, we get out work done but we spend seventy percent of the time talking.

There's this girl in her school that she has had a crush on forever so I've been slowly pushing her to try and start something there.

But no luck so far.

"See ya tomorrow," Juliet calls out as she gets in her car.

"Bye," I wave.

Checking my phone again for the fortieth time, but still no text.

Chase's POV

What did I do?

Did I do something wrong?

Did I say something?

Why the fuck is she not answering me yet.

She usually only works Wednesdays after school and Saturdays so she should be free unless she's with Laura and V.

Me: Good morning beautiful
Me: What r u doing?
Me: Do you work today?
Not delivered

Gazing down at my Lock Screen I replay our previous conversations over I'm my head.

"Why do you look like such a sad sack?" Colt asked after barging into our room, almost knocking over the water bottle stack he has been building on the corner.

"Um, nothing," I mumble standing up from my previous position on my bed.

"Spill, what's up?" He poked walking towards me.

"Nothing it's fine," I snap starting towards the door to leave this conversation before it starts.

"Clearly it's not fine," he says butting back in front of me blocking the door.

"Just leave me alone," I say tiredly.

"Not until you say what's on your chest," he pushes.

What is his problem?

"Nothing is wrong, leave me alone," I state pushing past him again, I need to get out of here.

"Look man, you don't have to tell me anything but say whatever the fuck your problem is out loud," he suggests, "because you bring any of this shit onto the ice I will personalize beat your ass," he threatens with a small smile.

"You couldn't if you tried," I smirk.

"Oh I would have your ass on the ground in seconds," he laughs flopping down on his bed.

He has this weird ability to lighten the mood in any situation.

"I'm going out," I tell him grabbing my jacket off the hook.

"Deal with your shit," he yells as I shut the door. 

After walking a few laps around the school in the cool night air I pick up my phone and press the call button.

"CHASE," Shawn's voice bellowed on the other end.

"Hey," I say back.

"Dude, I don't know if this is weird but man do I miss you," He says.