110 - The Emissary of the Deep

Asgard was a Northern Kingdom abandoned by time and cursed by the Gods.

Its suffering population lived since very remote times, hidden from the Sun by an icy cold and a terribly rigorous winter that sometimes extended far beyond the months in which it was expected. Far from its heyday, after having been overcome by the customs of the seas, Asgard saw its population die and increasingly age without young people bringing the shine back to their nation.

And now they were dying of a terrible hunger and misery that spread across the country.

The beacon of hope lit up again over that land when Hilda announced that she would finally take them to the Land of the Sun, as it was time for them to be rewarded for all those centuries of penance.

But their plan seemed to have withered like the dead leaves of Yggdrasil when Siegfried was dragged away by the Hope of Athena.

There was silence in the Valhalla Palace as the ship's timbers ceased to creak and its huge planks ceased to collapse into the corner of the mountain where it had been wrecked. The trail of destruction lifted the stone of the courtyard, but also revealed, on the opposite side where they were, exactly below the Colossus of Odin, the figure of Polaris Hilda, who would now be the last obstacle between them and their goal.

Her face held an immense shock when she saw the impossible: a sea galleon overturned on top of the mountain of Asgard. And an immortal warrior vanquished.

The silence was interrupted by the characteristic sound of propellers hitting the air; Geist looked up and found a small figure slowly descending with its little legs shaking while its hands controlled the small helicopter that it had invented. Until finally the little girl landed next to Geist.

"Lunara reporting, Captain!" she said happily, and wearing a fur coat much bigger than her small frame.

"Just in time, Lunara." commented Geist, very tired. "How is the rest of the crew?"

"They all stayed abroad, as you had ordered. Ophelia will take care of everyone."

"Very good. And the Seal of Athena?"

"Here it is!" she presented a pristine gold cylinder and a huge smile on her face. "But what about you, Captain? You look terrible!" observed the little girl when she saw that Geist was all rolled up in her overcoat and the Cloth she wore was all cracked.

"I'm always fine." she replied. "As for Seiya back there..."

"Seiya!"

Lunara ran from Geist to the boy who was broken, in a very poor situation, his overcoat completely destroyed, his face with a half-closed eye, blood on his body.

"My goodness, Seiya, you're all dirty! Look at this, you destroyed your uniform! Take it away. Here. Cover yourself!" Lunara asked, taking the coat he had left for her and giving it back.

The boy just smiled and kissed the little girl's forehead.

"So happy to see you again, Lunara."

"Master Ikki!" Lunara was astonished, leaving Seiya without an answer, because she had seen Phoenix lying on the ground.

The girl ran to her to see if everything was okay, but Ikki opened her eyes, leaving her a little calmer.

"Master Ikki?" Seiya asked with a slight smile on his face.

"Shut it." replied Ikki, who was getting up little by little, clutched by Lunara.

By then, Geist was also lifting Shiryu.

"Did we get the Seven Sapphires?" she asked, with difficulty.

"Not yet." replied Seiya, visualizing the six Sapphires he had in the palm of his hand.