41 - Fury

There was no one under that starry sky more wretched in anger.

Blood dyeing the gold of the Sagittarius Cloth a deep crimson red in a terrible night.

Aioria marched with his Gold Cloth to the heart of the Temple of Athena. His footsteps echoed thunderously against the opulent columns of the temple's central nave. His white cape fluttered with each firm step of the man against the millenary rugs of the ancient decoration of those halls pressing of history.

Two golden figures on top of a hill cursing his brother. One of them carrying a child on her lap. Sucked into the universe.

His face distorted in fury. Teeth clenched, such force in his jaw to keep from devouring his anger. Such was his wrath that, arriving at last before the huge white portico carved from a thousand ancient battles that preceded the sacred altar, he opened it without even touching it.

Moved by the force of his furious eyes.

Waiting for death in a recess, his chest open, a baby crying and a Golden Urn beside him.

The altar was entirely of marble, silver columns rose up on both sides, and beyond that, a red curtain with gold details was half-open to a huge sculpture of the Goddess Athena. Below her, seated on a tall golden throne, the Master Camerlengo.

An unknown face. A man out of legend. Two presents for the future.

"You knew!" Aioria accused, immediately, in fury.

Black and gold cassock splayed across the throne, a golden helmet hiding his features in shadow. The unshakable presence of the highest ruler of the Sanctuary of Athena.

"Leo Aioria." he made his voice very deep for him.

"My brother was never a traitor!" Aioria spoke, as if he were actually roaring. Loud, so that his voice echoed through the entire altar.

"Leo Aioria," repeated the Camerlengo. "You're in front of me again. And I see that you didn't accomplished your mission."

Aioria walked from one side to the other.

"Fifteen years of this hell!" cried Aioria.

The Camerlengo did not respond, but remained unruffled on his golden throne.

"I demand to see Athena." asked Aioria then.

"Athena sees no one." replied the Camerlengo.

"I demand to see Athena!" cried the golden lion then.

"Aioria." replied the man under his cassock, disappointedly. "It's unfortunate that you raise your voice in front of me. I suggest leaving if you don't want to be punished. Your bloodline is disgraced and no one considers you worthy to even set foot in this place. But I acknowledge my old brother's value and kind heart to you. And so I regard you as much as my brother did. Please return to the Lion Temple."

"My brother was never a traitor!" he roared again, this time standing before the golden throne. "Say, Camerlengo Master Arles, by the memory of Supreme Pontiff Zion, once and for all: where is Athena?"

The question hung ominously in the air.

There was a low bass sound, which was the breath of the wind in that basilica built in a precise way to guide the oscillations of the air like a divine and eternal breath. Audible and serious.

"Well, she's not here." Aioria finally concluded. "Athena was saved by Aioros fifteen years ago and was never near the Sanctuary. Athena is far away, but she will march to eradicate the evil that is placed in this Sanctuary. Well then tell me, Camerlengo. Which side are you on?"