6 - AXIA

Days passed in the hospital. Seiya had difficult dreams and only a few moments of awareness. He remembered Marin and Shaina and his difficult times in Greece. From his pleasant childhood at the orphanage. Disjointed images of one word or another with Shun and Miho, who rarely left him alone. But also with Saori Kido. Not knowing how to distinguish what was a dream and what was reality.

Five days later he was refreshed and just under observation in the hospital bed; eager to get out of that room soon. On the sixth day, Miho visited him with two children from the orphanage, the crazy Makoto and the little sass girl.

"Are you feeling better, Seiya?"
"Yes, much better. Thank you so much Miho."
"What's up, Seiya? Are you ready for the next fight?" Makoto asked.
"Always, champion!"
"Then hold my Rising Dragon!" Said the boy screaming jumping on Seiya's bed, frightened by the chit.
"Makoto!" Miho yelled. "Can't you see that the poor brat can barely stand up?"
"Oh, come in, it's not that bad, Miho. I'm fine!"
"You be quiet and lie down on that bed, Seiya!" she scolded.

The brief discussion was interrupted by a few knocks on the door: Shiryu and a girl with shorter dark hair entered silencing everyone.

"Hello, Seiya." she began. "Are you feeling better?"
"Ah yes. Much better. What about you, Shiryu?"
"Alive, thanks to you."
"Shiryu, if I knew you could die, I would never..."
"I knew about the risks, Seiya. It was my fault, not yours. And none of that matters, what matters is that I will be eternally grateful to you for saving my life. Shunrei told me how she managed to convince you to help me."
"I would do it every time." said Seiya; the two pests in the background cursing the girl in the back with grimaces and childishness.
"We're going back to our home today."
"Shiryu..." Seiya began. "You fought for real because of your Master, didn't you?"

She didn't say anything at first, but as she looked at each other with her friend, she decided to be more honest with the friend who had saved her life.

"My Master is very sick." she began. "Shunrei came from far away to tell me, but unfortunately she arrived at the stadium at the last minute of our fight."
"Our Master is very old." explained the Shunrei girl beside Shiryu.
"I wanted to fight as hard as I could so he could feel my Cosmo wherever he was." Shiryu said very seriously. "And now I want to be with my Master in his last days. We'll leave as soon as I say goodbye to Shun after his fight."
"I'm sorry, Shiryu." Seiya said.

She said nothing more.

"Again, Seiya. I'm alive thanks to you. I will never forget."
"Well... try not to die again, Shiryu. Take care of her Shunrei, because she sucks at traffic lights."

They tried laughing again; they greeted each other and Shiryu thanked one last time as if it wasn't enough. Only then did they leave.

Seiya took a deep breath, as he knew he would miss her.

The kids lay down next to him on the bed and Seiya turned on the TV to see his friend's fight was about to start. The broadcast tuned exactly to the image of Saori Kido giving her famous opening speech. Seiya wondered if the words he exchanged with her hadn't been a dream.

 Seiya wondered if the words he exchanged with her hadn't been a dream