28 - Watermelons and Seeds

The waves of the night ocean and some stars in the sky. Groups of young people in the distance, lots of laughter and nonsense. Alone and closer to the sea, she was crying. Her feet in the sand.

He didn't know what to do, and the group of thieves was already long gone.

Hyoga looked at her, she was wiping the tears on her face. He wanted to apologize, perhaps.

"My name is not Alexei." He said a little distant and extremely uncomfortable.

She turned her face and saw a young man in the dark. It took her a while to recognize him, but as she measured him from head to toe, she saw those ridiculous leg-warmers on his shins. She let out a laugh, interrupting her sadness.

"I must have done something really bad to endure this." she told herself.

Hyoga stayed there, at the same distance, not knowing very well what to do with his hands. He looked out over the ocean. It was night, so he could see little but foam from the nearest waves.

"And what's your name then?" she asked, drawing his attention.

He looked at her and she wiped her nose on her sleeve.

"Hyoga."

She laughed.

"You're lying again."
"No, my name... is Hyoga." he repeated, annoyed.

She finally believed it.

"And are you going to stand there, Hyoga?"

He sat. Still a little far from her.

"Do people where you come from go to the beach like this?" she said, pointing to those leg-warmers.
"We don't have beaches."
"And where do you come from anyway?"
"From Siberia."
"Siberia?!" she surprised, finally turning to face him fully. He confirmed it.
"And what are you doing here?" she asked, really interested, and he just looked back at her suspiciously.
"I'm on a mission."
"How mysterious."

It really was a mystery and he was a long way from solving it. He remembered that he was sitting there for another kind of mystery: that of guilt.

"Sorry about what I said at the stadium." he said, very crookedly.

She shrugged.

"No. You were right. I really was running away." she said, sinking her feet a little into the sand. "My best friend just wanted me to get over this whole situation for a while. But she..." The girl hesitated. "She's so excited that everything she does reminds me that I'm sad. And the reason why I'm sad."
"Your sister hasn't come back yet?" he asked directly.
"No," she replied, crestfallen. "But I'm going after her."
"Do you know where she is?" Hyoga cheered.
"No, but..." and she hesitated, looking up at the sky. "I can't explain it, but I can feel her. I know she is close."

Hyoga looked at the sky and saw that there was a star with a very weak brightness, but also different from the others; it had a subtle reddish tinge. He had a chill.

"Did you see the fight today?" she asked.
"Yes."
"Andromeda showed up." she commented.
"Yeah." he agreed. "What do you think of these fights?" asked Hyoga honestly.
"It's all a great show." she said. "But it's super well performed. It may sound silly, but... the Pegasus boy never gives up. And before he was taken inside the lockers I know he saw me and gave me a thumbs up. I bumped into him yesterday near the bridge."
"Pegasus?"
"Yes. His name is Seiya." said the girl. "He's our age. He said that he had also lost his sister. And that he would be strong to be able to find her again."

Hyoga didn't show much reaction, but in her heart she remembered the intensity with which the boy fought in that Arena.

"You must think it's ridiculous, but... seeing him winning today was important to me." she said. "I know I'm going to find my sister."