68 - Epilogue

The night in that region of the Sanctuary is silent and veiled by the most brilliant and wonderful sky that exists on the face of the Earth. A day torn by terrible and bloody battles, which had finally pacified that quiet night.

Far from the temples of the Twelve Palaces of the Zodiac, Aries Mu returned again to the plinth where the Stone Apple lay, where the disheveled Discord slept. Her chest still hardened with grief for the Gold Saints who had departed that dreadful day. Among them, Cancer.

"Death Mask?"

Mu's voice sounded in the Temple of Eris, but no one answered her. She tried yet another time, but then it seems as if she was speaking to herself. She looked with regret at that stone apple and pulled out the golden cylinder she had taken. She took out the papyrus inscribed by Athena, when finally someone answered her.

"I thought you forgot about me, Aries Mu."

"Death Mask." cheered Mu when she noticed she was still there.

"Spare me of your care, Mu. Can I retire now?"

"Yes, Mask. The House of Cancer awaits you."

Death Mask's laugh echoed through the temple.

"I will not return to the World of the Living." she said menacingly, and Mu looked confused by that as she knew she was fully capable of returning. "There is no place for me in a World like this. Here I see old friends marching into the oblivion of Hell. My place is with them and not with the one who killed them."

"Mask..."

"Spare me your cordiality as well, Mu. That's better, because if I were to came back it would be to bring that damned girl to this place forever. Goodbye, Aries Mu."

And, in fact, Mu never heard Death Mask's voice again in that place. Even though her chest went down with another Gold Saint disappearing, her mission there was important.

She took the Seal of Athena from the cylinder and brought it close to the petrified Golden Apple, so that the papyrus enveloped it completely and finally silenced the terrible moods of that Temple, which for many, many years would go back to being just abandoned ruins.

The battle in the Twelve Palaces occupied the minds and mouths of all the inhabitants of the village at the foot of the mountain. A village called Rodorio, which was also the name of its founder. It was the same place where Seiya had arrived for his training and where he fled from so many children who imitated him and sought to make fun of him. Where he lived in the more distant parts. A village founded by men and giants, so that they could together serve the Order of Athena in times of yore.

A silent and tense village, without imagining let alone guessing the result of that terrible invasion. If at the beginning of the day the quiet laughter ran through the alleys and squares that the rebellion would be easily repelled, as the day wore on, the inhabitants became more and more apprehensive.