1 - Seiya

Since days of yore, many stories, myths and legends were told throughout humankind. Legends with so many versions told and retold throughout time. Stories were drawn. Myths were sang. And sometimes those versions not always match and elements may be different when they are told. The same can be said about the old myths of Greece, for example. But the essence of those stories never changes. Achilles never fights for Troy, Troy never wins the War, Oedipus will never stop killing his father or marrying his mother. Some details may change, but the essence will always be there.

And so it might also happen with the Legend of SEIYA.

There are many versions told and many will still be told.

Well, this one here is my version of it.

Because that's how I heard the Legend of Seiya.

THE LEGEND OF SEIYA

"It is said that a group Holy Saints always rise within humans when the Forces of Evil appear to conquer the World. There are stories that, in a distant era, there was a group of young kids who protected Athena, the Goddess of War. They were called the Athena Saints and always fought without weapons. It is said that with a movement of their hands they were able to tear the sky and that with just a step of their feet they could open cracks in the earth."

Night in Greece

Night in Greece. The immense sky dotted with very bright stars; two tourists had escaped the guided tour to get lost in time-worn temples long abandoned by men and gods.

"Look, a shooting star!" pointed the man at one of the bright spots that streaked across the sky before disappearing.
"The Aegean sky really is amazing. I've already lost the count of how many shooting stars we saw today." said the woman. "They say that some of these falling stars crash on earth."
"This is nonsense from the guide." disagreed the man.

Without a single cloud in the sky or any warning of a storm, a lightning flashed against the rocks and broke out near the couple. The two screamed in fright and stumbled in fear.

Still shaky, the man got up, straightened his glasses and, under protest, moved forward following the woman to see which star had fallen from the sky.