100 - Amethyst of Treasures

The God Warrior Megrez Alberich was named after a famous ancestor of his lineage, one of the few outstanding warriors in a family with a long history in craftsmanship, particularly in the handling of heavy metals and the deep forges of Asgard. The most recent son of that lineage now suffered in the snow the shock and fury of Ophiuchus Shaina, the Sanctuary's Master-at-Arms trained from childhood to be that battle machine she was. Alberich, on the other hand, though he bore the name of an ancestor known for his heroic deeds, was actually much more accustomed to aristocratic receptions in other countries and the council halls of Asgard; he was exactly the one who served Valhalla as a link between that Realm of the Gods and the World of Men beyond its borders.

A man proud of his nobility and immense influence, and very far from any resemblance to that old grandfather Alberich, about whom stories of victories and conquests were told even on the other side of the world. That Alberich on the ground, however, was far from that force and therefore his defeat before Shaina was no surprise; much less for him, who knew very well the ability of the Athena Saints.

"Very good, Saint. Very good" said the man, wiping the blood that ran from his mouth.

Shaina didn't bow to the praise and marched before him, cracking her cosmo in her fist.

"Give me your Sapphire!" she ordered.

The God Warrior then looked deeply into the Master-at-Arms' eyes and removed the Odin Sapphire from his waist, throwing it towards Shaina. She caught it in midair and looked at him confused.

"I thought the God Warriors had more grit."

"I'm not a warrior." he replied, getting up. "And I'm on your side."

He showed the arrowhead pendant he had hidden under the purple protection of his Divine Robe. Shaina recognized that pendant, as it was what people who were banished from the Sanctuary after Aioros was considered a traitor wore.

"You are Camus' friend." she concluded.

Alberich nodded and added.

"Friend of Hyoga too." he took a deep breath and continued. "I would like to test the strength of the Athena Saints, for your mission will not be easy. Even with the Odin Sapphires."

"I don't trust you."

"And you do very well not to trust me, Saint. But there you have the Odin Sapphire. You don't have to trust me, you must take this Sapphire to Valhalla Palace and seal Poseidon in his Relic of the Sea."

Shaina finally fell silent, utterly surprised at how easily she had gotten that Sapphire. But then she chose not to waste any more time, after all Alberich was not a God Warrior she needed to worry about; clearly he wasn't capable of fighting and all she needed from him was what she already had.

"If you know the whole truth, why didn't you convince Valhalla to help us avoid this battle?"

"The Odin Sapphire turns a God Warrior into a war machine, clouding his thoughts. Hilda is possessed by something evil in her finger. The other God Warriors don't listen to reason anymore and, as you can see, I'm not an expert fighter to enforce my will by strength."

"You said you know Hyoga too." said Shaina. "For what reason then did he attack the Dragon Saint?" Alberich let out a smile.

"You don't how big the mountain we need to move to get Valhalla convinced he could act as a God Warrior so Hilda could give him a Sapphire. One Sapphire with Hyoga, another with me, there are already two that are not in Valhalla's power. It's a farce."

He seemed to have all the answers as he brushed the snow off his Divine Robe.

"Take me to Surtr's Cave." Shaina finally asked.