17 - The Skull Island

They walked along the beach following Alice who had in her fist a compass that, according to her, pointed to the location of the Golden Urn. It didn't take long for them to reach a cave that went down a few meters deep into the beach. The path was obvious, so they entered.

They saw each other along a narrow path at first until the grotto slowly opened into a beautiful cavern. The sound of running water echoed off the stone walls and a few small waterfalls appeared farther along. The path lead to a beautiful lake inside the cave that, magically, was lit by a wonderful light phenomena within the waters.

Ahead of the cavernous lake was a huge entrance, high and wide, through which they guessed they should carry on. But as soon as they approached that entrance in the stone, the Nebula Chain moved by itself. The warning was clear: beware. Shun smoothed the chains with his cosmo to keep them from making any noise and they proceeded on their tiptoes.

It didn't take them long to see the impossible. A snoring giant lying on the stone of a huge cavernous room. His body covered in a rough and improvised metalic protection.

"What the hell." Xiaoling blurted out before Seiya could cover her mouth.

They all shoosh to silence, but it was of no use.

"If we wake the giant, we're dead."
"Be quiet, Xiaoling!"
"It wasn't me, Seiya." complained her, speaking in a low voice like him.

They shooshed for silence again, but again to no avail.

"He looks like one of those who wake up very hungry."
"Seiya!" Alice chided impatiently.
"But it wasn't me!" he replied shocked and accused. "It was Xiaoling."
"Be quiet, all of you." asked Shiryu.

But didn't worked again.

"Does he have one eye?"

They got worked up, but when Alice looked back to scold Seiya and Xiaoling, she realized there was someone else there among them. It was the Warrior from the boat with a smile on his face.

"Bye, bye."

He disappeared through a crack before the giant roared, waking up.

The big guy rolled to the side and his huge arm almost grabbed Shun by the chains. They crept against the cavern wall and broke into a run ahead. Seiya looked back and this is what he saw: a giant man easily ten feet tall, with a lot of weight evenly distributed and both eyes in his face, contrary to what the devilish voice said to them.

"Don't look back!" said Seiya and Xiaoling was already chirping in fear.

They ran; the giant leapt at them and shook the earth from the cave, causing them to stumble out of that corridor into a waterlogged crater surrounded by rock.

"That hurts." Xiaoling said, being pulled by Seiya.

The six friends placed themselves in front of the giant in armor. In fact, apart from fear, he wasn't much bigger than Docrates. But he was still huge.

"You're going to die!" he said and unleashed a cosmic blast that knocked the wall beside Xiaoling, almost burying her.

Shiryu hit the creature in the face, but all it did was make him even angrier.

Shun tried to contain him with his chains tying him to the torso, but with his huge legs free, he simply spun on his axis with force to hit a skillful flying kick at Seiya and Alice at the same time and with the same leg; Shun was thrown with the spin, attached to his chains.

"The legs!" shouted Cygnus. "We have to take him down!"

Upon hearing this, Shun ordered the chains to bind the giant's huge legs, but again he was thrown, because with his free hands, he simply grabbed the chains and threw Shun from one side of the cave to the other; Shiryu tried to land a ground kick, but had no success.