45 - The Gemini Saint

Shun and Hyoga ran through the terrible corridor of the House of Gemini, still distressed with that ambiguous presence they felt at every step they took. Far in the distance, however, no longer they saw the white dot that once revelaed as the exit of that temple.

Now the bright was golden.

And the closer they got, the better they realized it was someone's silhouette. Someone who wore a Gold Cloth.

"The Gemini Saint!" Hyoga announced in front of Shun.

The two stopped and became alert. They saw with some horror that the figure before them was disconcerting, for it was standing with both arms resting at its sides; the feet right next to each other. It really looked like a statue.

The Gold Cloth, like all of them, protected that figure's body completely; but there was a curious detail in his leg and arm protection that stretched to the level of his knees and elbows, causing a strange illusion as if his upper and lower limbs were bigger than they really were. A disconcerting image, for he looked very tall — not as tall as the giant Taurus — but had a disturbing thinness, which was extremely odd.

Its mysteries, however, did not stop there. As Hyoga observed, shocked, the most terrifying thing was actually the helmet that covered his face in the shadows; for on its sides there were two faces engraved as if they were masks. One of them was smiling sadistically while the other kept a bland and serious face.

"It's so weird." Shun said to his friend. "He looks like a ghost."

Shun noticed in his arm how the Nebula Chain remained static, which meant she didn't feel the presence of any enemy before them.

Were it not for the splendor of that Gold Cloth, the two friends would possibly believe they were standing next to a statue, for the Saint in front of them did not move, did not say a word, and, in fact, did not even seem to breathe.

"An illusion." Hyoga tried, drawing Shun's attention. "He must be just an illusion. Like everything around us, he doesn't exist. It's a distraction. And I'm pretty sure that if we destroy this distraction, all of this fake theater will end too."

The Cygnus Saint stepped forward and burned his icy cosmos with all the strength he had. His hair fluttering along with the strength of his heart.

"Wait, Hyoga!"

Shun noticed his Chains reacting to something at the exact moment the Cygnus Saint placed himself with his warm Cosmo, but he was resolute in his plan. He had in his eyes the decision that they should move forward as soon as possible; his cosmos conjured ice crystals around him, which he controlled like a dance with his hands and arms, to bind them together in his right fist, which tore apart the House of Gemini.

The Diamond Dust manifested as a freezing blizzard in which the shards of ice completely covered the Gold Saint. The ghostly figure did not move an inch; Hyoga's blizzard passed through the Gemini Saint to return violently towards the two of them.

There was no time to protect themselves or Shun to manifest his chains; they were both caught in the blizzard and flung back.