46 - Other Dimensions

With the universe convulsing around him, Shun lost track of where he was and also what was up, down, right or left. His body toppled through a gravityless infinity until the Nebula Chains left his two arms to return to the Gemini House, which was moving away, and attach themselves to the two columns beside the Gemini Saint.

Finally fixed in space, Shun watched with horror as Hyoga, unconscious, simply continued to wander through the cosmos; his body turning and falling away into infinity. Shun called his name many times, but there he couldn't even hear the sound of his voice. He screamed many times in despair, ordered the chains to let him fly to his friend, but she was at her limit and he couldn't reach his friend. And then the Nebula Chain pulled him back to the House of Gemini and he found himself again on the floor of that damned temple. Without his friend.

He pulled in a desperate breath, realizing that he wasn't breathing in that dimension, as there were no air to breathe.

"The Nebula Chain is known to have the greatest Defense instinct among all the Cloths." said the ghost's echoing voice. 'Were it not for her, you would have the same fate as the Cygnus Saint."

"Where did you send him?" Shun asked, panting.

The ghostly voice stated flatly.

"To another dimension."

"What does that even mean?" Shun asked.

"Your little mind could never understand." said the ghost. "He is trapped forever and will wander aimlessly through the vast universe until the end of time."

Shun, in despair, thought of Hyoga lost in a place that he didn't even understand what it could be.

"Don't worry, you'll be joining him in the Another Dimension as well."

Again the golden cosmos around that terrible silhouette; the eyes of his helmet tore the fabric of reality and he revealed the opening to that other dimension once more. A cosmic immensity, galaxies, stellar clouds and distant comets.

Shun's chains again halted their flight to infinity, still trapped and stubborn around two columns. Shun held them as tightly as he could, because this time his body was pulled violently into that infinite. He then heard that low, stagnant voice echo throughout the universe he was in.

"Your Chain is still trying to help you. But not for long."

Shun could only feel a sway in his cosmos until his right arm simply gave way, as if the chain had burst its length. He held only the left hand that spun him in the universe, and he could see, with horror, that the Gemini Saint, already far below in the temple, had his chain in his hands, ready to break it and finally end it with his life. He could do nothing.

The Nebula Chain finally cracked and the despair in her chest broke out in a scream that reverberated off the walls of that dimension. For Saori. For Seiya.

For Ikki.

The dimension exploded like a stained glass window and he fell back into the House of Gemini.