24 - Something of Peace

A day of peace in the refuge.

Everyone wakes up refreshed, while Shun has already prepared some tea and some food for them to eat in the morning.

"Good morning, Shun!" said Xiaoling super excited. The first one to wake up.

Shun smiled at her, his mouth full of tea.

"Let me do something for us." she said. "You should rest more, you're still very hurt. Haven't you slept anything?"
"A little."
"Don't lie to me. What about Ikki, where is she?" Shun took a deep breath before answering.
"She left, but...I know she's going to be fine."
"Oh, you can be sure of that. I recognize those bands on her arm anywhere. Ikki is staying with Master Mayura in the mountains." Xiaoling said.
"Master Mayura?" Shun asked.
"Yes! Our Master who trained us."
"You think?" Shun was surprised.
"I am sure. And you know what? With Ikki and Master Mayura together, the Sanctuary is doomed!" she announced.
"Good Morning."
"Good morning, Mii!!! Feeling better?"
"Yes. What about you, Shun?"
"The same." he replied.

Soon everyone was standing at the table drinking Shun's tea and Xiaoling's food. Shun told everyone that Ikki decided to stay alone for a while, although Xiaoling was sure, as was Alice, that she would be in the retreat of Master Mayura who had trained them; the same retreat that Seiya and Shun visited so many days ago. Saori thought it would do her good. Seiya and Shiryu were overjoyed for their friend.

By the end of the meal, however, the whole world seemed to be on their backs.

"What do we do now?" asked Seiya finally.
"Today we won't do anything." announced Saori. "Today we are going to spend the whole day watching cartoons and eating delicious things."
"Yeah!"

It was Xiaoling's dream, she almost knocked Saori out of her chair with her embrace.

Seiya and Shiryu looked at each other not quite understanding what that means, as they had a big enemy to face. Saori was emphatic, however, that on that day it was forbidden to talk about the Sanctuary. And whoever dare to say its name, would suffer serious consequences.

Seiya was the first to say.

And he was attacked from all sides by plush pillows.

They spent the rest of the morning watching old cartoons, which Xiaoling absolutely adored; they ate sweets and raffled off who would make the lunch

They spent the rest of the morning watching old cartoons, which Xiaoling absolutely adored; they ate sweets and raffled off who would make the lunch. The piece of paper with Xiaoling's name was removed from the draw, to the girl's protest. Saori shook a bag in which each of them wrote their own name and in fairness, Xiaoling would be the person to take it out, as she would not be participating. She wiggled and wiggled and pulled out two names.

Saori. Shiryu.

Alice sneered.

"I can cook, ok, Mii?!" said Saori. "What a teaser."
"Shiryu can't even cross the street, let alone cook." said Seiya.