81 - The Relic Among Men

In the House of Taurus, another meeting took place between the Goddess Athena and the Gold Saints with the presence of the Camerlengo Mayura and the Owl Alice, the Master-at"Arms Shaina and the Astromancer Nicol. Always with the purpose of warding off the anxieties and anguishes of the Gold Saints, who all they had to do was stay in their temples waiting for an invasion that never came.

Aldebaran, the huge Golden Bull, apologized whenever he could to his guests when any of them tripped on some unevenness in the punished floor of his temple. If the first meeting had been in the House of Aries, Saori thought it was fair that the next one was in Taurus and so on. The gentle giant, who if he never received a visit, was certainly not used to receiving such an important entourage, found at the last minute a round table that could accommodate all the guests on the second floor of his house.

Mu couldn't help but find it amusing to see his friend so disconcerted when he got up to speak at the table.

"It is an immense honor to receive your lordships in my House of Taurus." he began in an artificially stilted voice.

And then he sat down while everyone was still looking at him, as if something was missing.

"You can begin." he said, totally awkwardly.

"Thank you so much, Aldebaran." said Saori, with a brief smile on her face.

The mood was far from tense, despite the Gold Saints' anxiety. And the reasons were soon put by Saori to everyone.

"Nicol and I were at Cape Sunion and found that Captain Kaire and the Galleon have already managed to seal two Relics of the Seas." she announced to a small, satisfied voice and then asked the friend to proceed. "Nicol."

"Our most excellent Goddess Athena is right. The pedestal where Poseidon's sacred Trident once rested, now gone and awakened, is inscribed with some precious gems that become brilliant as the Relics are sealed. And we find that two of them are lit again."

Aioria nodded to Aldebaran and Mu, as if they were somehow satisfied, after all the plan was working.

"I suppose he's gonna do it again." Shaina said to Miro beside her, as if alluding to Seiya.

"What about Hyoga and the Raven Saint?"

"Jamian." Shaina corrected beside him.

"They must have arrived in Asgard by now, but we still haven't received any news."

"If I remember correctly, there was great concern about Asgard. Do you think they might be in danger?" asked Aioria gravely.

"Yes, it's true. There are warnings in the Tome of Atlantis noted by its former owner about the Kingdom of Asgard being a possible threat." recalled Nicol.

"Saga." Shaka spoke between them and they all looked at her. "I see no point in erasing the name. It is good that we never forget who deceived us."

There was an absolutely tense silence between everyone.

Nicol looked at Mayura and Athena, as if seeking permission to continue talking. She nodded.

"In the Tome of Atlantis, Saga, the Gemini Saint left as many notes as mysteries. Among them, a warning to beware of Asgard."

"But that's not something befitting the Kingdom of Asgard, isn't that what you confided in me, Nicol?" Mayura asked.

"Yes, Master. The Kingdom of Asgard has historically been a peaceful, albeit much-suffering country." he paused, and became even more serious: "But Asgard apparently is also one of the locations that guard one of the Seven Relics of the Seas. We thought it prudent to send them before Captain Kaire's arrival with his Galleon to avoid any misunderstanding."